* [ECOS] eb40a RIP
@ 2002-07-24  7:11 Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-07-24  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In the process of testing the flash driver with the eb40a port
I just created, I managed to blow away Angel in the lower half
of flash.  I have a working copy of redboot_ROMRAM in the
upper half, but the flash driver programmed into it doesn't
see the first few sectors of the lower half of flash.  This is
due to the issue of two different sector sizes in the AT49xxxx
flash chip and I simply ignored the smaller sectors.

Does anyone with an eb40a have a binary of the Angel bootloader
that I can borrow?  I never compiled the one that came with
the eb40a and the trial period for Codewarrior has expired so
I can't compile it now.

If I can get that, I can write a low level driver to erase the whole
lower half of the flash and burn Angel back in since my current
redboot port cannot do that.  I can use the existing redboot_
ROMRAM to load my little driver and fix my eb40a.

-tim

* [ECOS] RE: eb40a RIP
@ 2002-07-25  9:38 ` James
From: James @ 2002-07-25  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tim Drury', ecos-discuss

I have sent to you directly the binary so as not to hog
the mail list bandwidth.  This is for
version "EB40A V1.0" and is a binary image of the flash.
It turned out that the angel monitor extends from
0x01000600 to almost 0x01013000, so it exceeds
the first 64K of flash.
James
James Musselman

* Re: [ECOS] RE: eb40a RIP
@ 2002-07-27  9:03   ` Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-07-27  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

My eb40a has risen from the ashes!  Thank you James and
Min Ling for the eb40a angel images.

I wrote a small flash erase tool to erase those lower sectors
of the eb40a's flash which I couldn't do with the redboot image
I had running in the upper half of flash because the flash driver
I wrote ignored those smaller sectors.  So I used the redboot
ROMRAM in the upper half of flash to upload my flash erase
tool and cleaned out the lower half of the flash chip.  Then I
converted the Angel binary into an srec and loaded it with
redboot.  Burned it back into the lower half of flash and my eb40a
is fully functional again.

I think I keep those Angel images and my flash erase tool around
though....

-tim