* [ECOS] Help: arm-elf-gdb com1 error
@ 2004-07-22  5:07 Seran
From: Seran @ 2004-07-22  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,
     I am using Atmel EB40A evaluation board (AT91R40008 processor ARM7 core
based) to test my projects. I was trying to connect to the target board
using the arm-elf-gdb.exe, but when I specified the serial port connection
as target I got the follosing error:

GDB
   com1: No such file or directory

   GDB cannot connect to the target board using com1.
   Varify that the board is securely connected and, if necessary,
   modify the port setting with the debugger preferences.

I dont know the reason for this error. I tried to change the target's but
was not successful.  Can any one help me to solve this problem.

Thanks
Seran

* Re: [ECOS] Help: arm-elf-gdb com1 error
@ 2004-07-22  5:24 ` Pablo Bleyer Kocik
From: Pablo Bleyer Kocik @ 2004-07-22  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

At 00:58 2004-07-22, you wrote:
>Hello,
>      I am using Atmel EB40A evaluation board (AT91R40008 processor ARM7 core
>based) to test my projects. I was trying to connect to the target board
>using the arm-elf-gdb.exe, but when I specified the serial port connection
>as target I got the follosing error:
>
>GDB
>    com1: No such file or directory

  Try using /dev/ttyS0.

  Regards.

--                /"It would appear that we have reached the limits of
PabloBleyerKocik / what it is possible to achieve with computer technology,
  pbleyer2004    / although one should be careful with such statements, as
   @embedded.cl / they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years."-J.von Neumann

* [ECOS] Re: Help: arm-elf-gdb com1 error
@ 2004-07-22  5:28   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2004-07-22  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Bleyer Kocik; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 01:07:50AM -0400, Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:

>>I am using Atmel EB40A evaluation board (AT91R40008 processor
>>ARM7 core based) to test my projects. I was trying to connect
>>to the target board using the arm-elf-gdb.exe, but when I
>>specified the serial port connection as target I got the
>>follosing error:
> >
> >GDB
> >   com1: No such file or directory
>
>  Try using /dev/ttyS0.

Does Cygwin map /dev/ttyS0 to COM1?  I always used COM1 as the
device name under Cygwin.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* RE: [ECOS] Re: Help: arm-elf-gdb com1 error
@ 2004-07-22  6:04     ` Tony Butt
From: Tony Butt @ 2004-07-22  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I think cygwin now requires /dev/com1

Tony Butt

@ 2004-07-22  7:05 Pablo Bleyer Kocik
From: Pablo Bleyer Kocik @ 2004-07-22  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

At 01:22 2004-07-22, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 01:07:50AM -0400, Pablo Bleyer Kocik wrote:
>
> >>I am using Atmel EB40A evaluation board (AT91R40008 processor
> >>ARM7 core based) to test my projects. I was trying to connect
> >>to the target board using the arm-elf-gdb.exe, but when I
> >>specified the serial port connection as target I got the
> >>follosing error:
> > >
> > >GDB
> > >   com1: No such file or directory
> >
> >  Try using /dev/ttyS0.
>
>Does Cygwin map /dev/ttyS0 to COM1?

  Yes.

  Using the ttySX names allows you to use the same unmodified scripts for
Cygwin and UNIX, though.

  Regards.

--                /"Sir Didymus: Sir Ludo, canst thou
PabloBleyerKocik / summon the very rocks?
  pbleyer2004    / Ludo: Sure. Rocks friends."
   @embedded.cl / -- Labyrinth, 1986.