* [ECOS] Error: Malloc.h :No such file or directory.
@ 2009-10-15 15:15 Ramesh C Satyavaram
From: Ramesh C Satyavaram @ 2009-10-15 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: 'Ramesh C Satyavaram'

Hi,
 I have old ecos tool chain. I am using the ARM(ARM7DI ,StronARM) which uses
arm-elf  for compiling. I am able to compile my application with this tool
chain.

  Now I decided to use the different ecos tool chain ARM (ARM7TDMI, ARM9,
and Xscale) which is "arm-eabi" based.

I am able to compile the ecos with the new tool chain. But when I tried to
compile my application I am getting the following error message
"Error:Malloc.h: No such file or directory" .

When I tried to compile my application with the old tool chain on the same
system , I am not getting this problem. It is only when I use the new tool
chain I am getting this problem.

Can any one help me in this?

Thank you,
S.Ramesh Chandra.

* [ECOS] Re: Error: Malloc.h :No such file or directory.
@ 2009-10-16  9:35 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2009-10-16  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramesh C Satyavaram; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Ramesh

Ramesh C Satyavaram wrote:

>  I have old ecos tool chain. I am using the ARM(ARM7DI ,StronARM) which uses
> arm-elf  for compiling. I am able to compile my application with this tool
> chain.
>
>   Now I decided to use the different ecos tool chain ARM (ARM7TDMI, ARM9,
> and Xscale) which is "arm-eabi" based.
>
> I am able to compile the ecos with the new tool chain. But when I tried to
> compile my application I am getting the following error message
> "Error:Malloc.h: No such file or directory" .
>
> When I tried to compile my application with the old tool chain on the same
> system , I am not getting this problem. It is only when I use the new tool
> chain I am getting this problem.

It sounds like the C pre-processor is finding a version of malloc.h in
the arm-elf toolchain when you compile your application code rather than
the version provided by the eCos package CYGPKG_MEMALLOC.

Make sure that you are using the correct compiler flags to compile your
application code. Typically, these should match the flags used by the
eCos build system when compiling eCos tests.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway

* [ECOS] RE: Error: Malloc.h :No such file or directory.
@ 2009-10-16 12:48   ` Ramesh C Satyavaram
From: Ramesh C Satyavaram @ 2009-10-16 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'John Dallaway'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi John,
   Thanks for your mail. I included the package "CYGPKG_MEMALLOC". After I
compile the ECOS , I am not able to find the malloc.h file. Instead of
malloc.h file, in the ECOS install directory I found memalloc.h file.

Do I need to include some other packages?

Thank you,
S.Ramesh Chandra.

@ 2009-10-16 14:30     ` Daniel Néri
From: Daniel Néri @ 2009-10-16 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"Ramesh C Satyavaram" <rameshcs@danlawinc.com> writes:

> Hi John,
>    Thanks for your mail. I included the package "CYGPKG_MEMALLOC". After I
> compile the ECOS , I am not able to find the malloc.h file. Instead of
> malloc.h file, in the ECOS install directory I found memalloc.h file.
>

> Do I need to include some other packages?

According to ANSI C the functions malloc, calloc, realloc and free are
declared by the stdlib.h header file. This also applies to eCos.

Or were you looking for some non-standard facility provided by the GNU C
Library?

Regards,
Daniel