* [ECOS] problem in twothreads program
@ 2004-06-03  6:30 Ashutosh
From: Ashutosh @ 2004-06-03  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
I am trying to run the simple twothreads program. But I am getting some
error, it is as follows

d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:1:29: cyg/kernel/kapi.h : No
such file or directory
d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:9: warning: data definition has
no type or storage class

Actually I am trying to run this program as given in the ecos-user-guide.
giving the command like this
arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/install/include
d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c -Ltest_install/install/lib -Tta
rget.ld -nostdlib

If I try to change the path for kapi.h in the twothreads.c , it prompt for
not able to find kernel.h.
Does I need to give manually the proper path for each file or its a linker
problem.
Thanks in advance
Ashutosh

* Re: [ECOS] problem in twothreads program
@ 2004-06-03  7:26 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-06-03  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashutosh; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:02:31PM +0530, Ashutosh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to run the simple twothreads program. But I am getting some
> error, it is as follows
>
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:1:29: cyg/kernel/kapi.h : No
> such file or directory
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:9: warning: data definition has
> no type or storage class
>
> Actually I am trying to run this program as given in the ecos-user-guide.
> giving the command like this
> arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/install/include
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c -Ltest_install/install/lib -Tta
> rget.ld -nostdlib
>
> If I try to change the path for kapi.h in the twothreads.c , it prompt for
> not able to find kernel.h.
> Does I need to give manually the proper path for each file or its a linker
> problem.

How can missing header files be a linker problem?

Anyway, its a configuration problem. How did you configure eCos? Which
template did you use? My guess is you are still using the redboot
template. You need a "normal" template, or no template at all so that
it uses the default template. At the moment you do not have the kernel
package.

        Andrew

* RE: [ECOS] problem in twothreads program
@ 2004-06-03  7:41   ` Ashutosh
From: Ashutosh @ 2004-06-03  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Lunn'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Actually i am using TI TMS320DM270 as my template and packages as default.
After building of the eCos for the given target, it includes kernel package
in my test_build folder
And all the missing header files are in the test_install/include folder. But
after that it is not able to find the files.
Thanks for replying soon.
Regards,
Ashutosh

@ 2004-06-03  7:47     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-06-03  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashutosh; +Cc: 'Andrew Lunn', ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 01:13:39PM +0530, Ashutosh wrote:
> Actually i am using TI TMS320DM270 as my template and packages as default.

TI TMS32DM270 is the target. default is the template. That should work.

> After building of the eCos for the given target, it includes kernel package
> in my test_build folder
> And all the missing header files are in the test_install/include folder. But
> after that it is not able to find the files.

How about using the Makefile in

anoncvs/examples/Makefile

        Andrew

* RE: [ECOS] problem in twothreads program
@ 2004-06-03  8:51       ` Ashutosh
From: Ashutosh @ 2004-06-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Andrew Lunn'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,
I had checked the changes in the makefile in annoncvs/examples/Makefile.
Both of them are similar. Beside this I had manually included all the header
file after that its working. But I am not able to understand where it is
going wrong.
Regards,
Ashutosh

@ 2004-06-03  9:47     ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2004-06-03  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ashutoshvyas, 'Andrew Lunn'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> Actually i am using TI TMS320DM270 as my template and packages as default.
> After building of the eCos for the given target, it includes
> kernel package
> in my test_build folder
> And all the missing header files are in the test_install/include
> folder.

Below, you have specified 'test_install/install/include' as the search
directory.

Try:

arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/include
d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c -Ltest_install/lib -Ttarget.ld
-nostdlib

Robert

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:02:31PM +0530, Ashutosh wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am trying to run the simple twothreads program. But I am getting some
> > error, it is as follows
> >
> > d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:1:29:
> cyg/kernel/kapi.h : No
> > such file or directory
> > d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:9: warning: data definition
> has
> > no type or storage class
> >
> > Actually I am trying to run this program as given in the
> ecos-user-guide.
> > giving the command like this
> > arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/install/include
> >
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c
> -Ltest_install/install/lib -Tta
> > rget.ld -nostdlib

[snip]

* RE: [ECOS] problem in twothreads program
@ 2004-06-03 10:07       ` Ashutosh
From: Ashutosh @ 2004-06-03 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Robert Cragie', 'Andrew Lunn'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

No its not working , did I made any mistake during configuration of  the
system.
My configuration are as follows
template :-> TMS320DM270
Package :-> Default
Actually I am using eCos Configuration Tool, do I need to specify something
else also.
Regards,
Ashutosh

> Actually i am using TI TMS320DM270 as my template and packages as default.
> After building of the eCos for the given target, it includes
> kernel package
> in my test_build folder
> And all the missing header files are in the test_install/include
> folder.

Below, you have specified 'test_install/install/include' as the search
directory.

Try:

arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/include
d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c -Ltest_install/lib -Ttarget.ld
-nostdlib

Robert

> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:02:31PM +0530, Ashutosh wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am trying to run the simple twothreads program. But I am getting some
> > error, it is as follows
> >
> > d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:1:29:
> cyg/kernel/kapi.h : No
> > such file or directory
> > d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:9: warning: data definition
> has
> > no type or storage class
> >
> > Actually I am trying to run this program as given in the
> ecos-user-guide.
> > giving the command like this
> > arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/install/include
> >
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c
> -Ltest_install/install/lib -Tta
> > rget.ld -nostdlib

[snip]