* [ECOS] A question on PCI device driver
@ 2000-09-05 21:35 Ling Su
From: Ling Su @ 2000-09-05 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am using the PCI device drive for NECvrc4373 board. Currently I met a
simle question on the memory mapping. After I initialize the PCI bus, I find my
PCI card. I allocate the memory space using cyg_pci_allocate_memory(), then I
should can freely access the memory use the pointer provided by
devinfo.base_maps[i], right? Unfortunately no matter I wrote what on this piece
of memory, and I can read it back, but I can not capture any signal on the PCI
bus, I think I didn't succeed in mapping the PCI bus.

The information I have for the PCI devinfo is
BAR[0], base_address[0] is 0xC000A0008, probed size is oxFFFF008, CPU addr
(base_map) is 0x8000A000, when I try to write "(*(char *)0x8000A000C)",
supposely from 0x8000A000 is the programm view of PCI memory, right? Why I can
not access it then? Anyone have ever test the PCI driver in this way, please
shed me some light.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
-Ling

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-09-05 21:35 UTC | newest]