* [ECOS] RTC -> Gregorian Conversion (off topic)
@ 2001-07-19 11:33 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-19 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry for the off topic question, but I don't know where else to look
for a quick answer.  Does anyone here have tables/routines for
calculating the actual date/time from an RTC value?  Does eCos do this
already?  If so, where?

I also need to go from date/time to RTC.

Trenton D. Adams
Embedded Developer
Windows Developer
Extreme Engineering Ltd.
Calgary Alberta.

* RE: [ECOS] RTC -> Gregorian Conversion (off topic)
@ 2001-07-19 12:40 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-07-19 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-Jul-2001 Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> Sorry for the off topic question, but I don't know where else to look
> for a quick answer.  Does anyone here have tables/routines for
> calculating the actual date/time from an RTC value?  Does eCos do this
> already?  If so, where?

eCos does not have this.

You can probably find what you want in the time/date conversions from
GLIBC, the standard GNU C library.

@ 2001-07-19 12:51   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-19 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, thanks I'll take a look.

Trenton D. Adams
Embedded Developer
Windows Developer
Extreme Engineering Ltd.
Calgary Alberta.

Of

@ 2001-07-19 14:49 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-19 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Sorry for the off topic question, but I don't know where else to look
> for a quick answer.  Does anyone here have tables/routines for
> calculating the actual date/time from an RTC value?  Does eCos do this
> already?  If so, where?
>
> I also need to go from date/time to RTC.

There are various functions in the C library to convert between time_t's
and real dates if that's what you mean, although they don't take into
account all the esoteric rules for timezones. That's too much for a typical
embedded system's needs. Currently the time() function will retrieve the
time from the wallclock device, so that would have to have been initialized
correctly.

Look around in languages/c/libc/time/current

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* RE: [ECOS] RTC -> Gregorian Conversion (off topic)
@ 2001-07-19 14:51   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-19 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > "Trenton D. Adams" wrote:
  > >
  > > Sorry for the off topic question, but I don't know where else to
look
  > > for a quick answer.  Does anyone here have tables/routines for
  > > calculating the actual date/time from an RTC value?  Does eCos do
this
  > > already?  If so, where?
  > >
  > > I also need to go from date/time to RTC.
  >
  > There are various functions in the C library to convert between
time_t's
  > and real dates if that's what you mean, although they don't take
into
  > account all the esoteric rules for timezones. That's too much for a
  > typical
  > embedded system's needs. Currently the time() function will retrieve
the
  > time from the wallclock device, so that would have to have been
  > initialized
  > correctly.
  >
  > Look around in languages/c/libc/time/current

Will do, thanks.