* Re: [ECOS] pcmcia support for motorola mpc8xx
       [not found] <Pine.GSO.4.30.0103020938250.28430-100000@pm1.contactor.se>
@ 2001-03-02  0:56 ` Linus Nielsen Feltzing
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing @ 2001-03-02  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> At this time, we do not have drivers for the PCMCIA on the MPC8xx.  What
we
> do have is a generic PCMCIA framework which is split into two parts.  The
> piece of interest to you is the hardware driver which manages the actual
> chip details.  The only example of a PCMCIA (and Compact Flash - in this
case
> they are equivalent) hardware driver is for the PCMCIA/CF controller on
the
> StrongARM SA1110.
>
> To create PCMCIA support for your device, you would need to write the
hardware
> driver.  You could model it after the CF driver.  Sadly, at this time the
only
> documentation for this process is the code itself.

Maybe I can help. I have written PCMCIA drivers for pSOS for the MPC821,
which has the same PCMCIA controller as the 850 and 860. I will look at the
CF
sources and see what I can do for the 860.

/Linus Nielsen Feltzing

* RE: [ECOS] pcmcia support for motorola mpc8xx
@ 2001-03-01  6:21 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-03-01  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Lasslett; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-02-28 19:05 Jeff Lasslett