Hi Lewin, Thanks for the hints and code sample. > For interest's sake, try doing memcmp(0, 0xc0000000, 0x60). If these bytes > are all the same then my theory is right about mem being mirrored. I tried the memcmp and the memory is different, so its not mapped to the vector table. After doing a complete rebuild of the cygmon stub and default config I was able to get the clear screen to work periodically. But now things seems to not be working once again. The sample program is so simple that I cannot understand what is wrong. I've attached my code and makefile if you would like to give it a try. It seems to never get to line 67 in lcd_test.c. Your GDI_Screen_On() function seems to work perfectly but when I call lcd_clear() to clear the screen sometimes it works for a while and sometimes it just hangs. Any ideas? Thanks for the help... Wilson