* Re: [ECOS] Debugging techiques
@ 2000-05-26  0:02 Boris V. Guzhov
From: Boris V. Guzhov @ 2000-05-26  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks. It works.
I think that it is useful to include in documentation more detailed
description
of the debugging techniques.

Boris Guzhov

@ 2000-06-02 11:33 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-02 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhang; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> zhang wrote:
> But an error occured ,and it said that :
>
>     make[1] ***[src/mem/memfixed.o.d] Error 1
>     make[2] ***[build] Error 2
>
> I do not know why and which cause the errors ,so could someone help me ?

Are you sure there wasn't some information on the lines before this
describing where the real problem lies? Try giving the output from the
final gcc build command line onwards.

Jifl

* [ECOS] debugging techiques
@ 2000-06-02  2:07 zhang
From: zhang @ 2000-06-02  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all! My host Linux Redhat 6.1, my target - pc
linux. I like to use the debugging tracing, but I have some
problems. I did following: mkdir linux-s cd
linux-s ecosconfig new linux In ecos.ecc I have
changed: cdl_component CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG { ...  user_value
1 ... }; cdl_component CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS
{ ...     user_value 0 ... }; cdl_component
CYGDBG_USE_TRACING { ...     user_value
1 ... }; Other options I did not change. ecosconfig
check ecosconfig tree make

But an error occured ,and it said that :

    make[1] ***[src/mem/memfixed.o.d] Error
1
    make[2] ***[build] Error 2

I do not know why and which cause the errors ,so could someone
help me ?

Thanks a lot!
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to
provide me.

* Re: [ECOS] Debugging techiques
@ 2000-05-25  8:08 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-05-25  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boris V. Guzhov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Boris V. Guzhov" wrote:

> Why there is no tracing printing?

That's because the default tracing implementation is buffered tracing.
trace output will not be printed by default. It gets printed when an assert
fails, or you force it to print by calling CYG_TRACE_PRINT() in your source
code. You can also configure it to print when full though this isn't the
default.

@ 2000-05-25  6:12 Boris V. Guzhov
From: Boris V. Guzhov @ 2000-05-25  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all!

My host Linux Redhat 6.2, my target - linux-synthetic.

I like to use the debugging tracing, but I have some problems.

I did following:

mkdir linux-s
cd linux-s
ecosconfig new linux

In ecos.ecc I have changed:

cdl_component CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG {
 user_value 1
};

cdl_component CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGDBG_USE_TRACING {
    user_value 1
};

Other options I did not change.

ecosconfig check
ecosconfig tree
make

Then I have built hello.c test (from examples) and have run it.

It's result:
Hello, eCos world!