* [ECOS] How to Make .epk. How to Make .ldi.
@ 2003-09-24  9:52 Haibo Tang (QD/LJC)
From: Haibo Tang (QD/LJC) @ 2003-09-24  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Hi,

Is there any tool to make .epk ?  Is there any tool to generate .ldi ?

Tang

* Re: [ECOS] How to Make .epk. How to Make .ldi.
@ 2003-09-24 10:02 ` Jani Monoses
From: Jani Monoses @ 2003-09-24 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:51:56 +0800
"Haibo Tang (QD/LJC)" <haibo.tang@ericsson.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tool to make .epk ?  Is there any tool to generate .ldi ?

.epk is just tar.gz format with a certain layout of files and dirs in it
The ecos component writers guide probably contains what you need for more details.

.ldi is standard GNU ld linker script see info ld for details
an older ecos configuration tool could generate ldis from MLT files but the current tools
can't. If you understand them you can take existing ones and tweak them for your platform.

* Re: [ECOS] How to Make .epk. How to Make .ldi.
@ 2003-09-24 11:15 ` Peter Soetens
From: Peter Soetens @ 2003-09-24 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Haibo Tang (QD/LJC), 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:51, Haibo Tang (QD/LJC) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any tool to make .epk ?  Is there any tool to generate .ldi ?

I have written a tool in Python 2.3 to generate .epk files. It is located on
my website :

http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~psoetens/ecos/ecospkggen.py

Peter

> Tang

Peter Soetens                                      http://www.orocos.org
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Division Production Engineering,                      tel. +32 16 322773
Machine Design and Automation                         fax. +32 16 322987
Celestijnenlaan 300B                   peter.soetens@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
B-3001 Leuven Belgium                 http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma

* Re: [ECOS] How to Make .epk. How to Make .ldi.
@ 2003-09-24 18:10   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2003-09-24 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Soetens
  Cc: Haibo Tang (QD/LJC), 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:15:40PM +0200, Peter Soetens wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:51, Haibo Tang (QD/LJC) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any tool to make .epk ?  Is there any tool to generate .ldi ?
>
> I have written a tool in Python 2.3 to generate .epk files. It is located on
> my website :
>
> http://people.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~psoetens/ecos/ecospkggen.py

In case you don't have Python installed [you really should,
it's great!], I also posted to ecos-patches a similar though
much less featureful program written in bash. It's in the
mailing-list archive, or can be downloaded from
ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/ecos/getpkg.sh Instructions for
use are in the mailing list archive.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* [ECOS] how to get redboot.ram image
@ 2003-09-24 18:27   ` Ramprasad
From: Ramprasad @ 2003-09-24 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: peter.soetens, Haibo Tang (QD/LJC), ecos-discuss

Hello All,

I am sorry, if it is not the correct mailing list post this question.

Presently I am working on ASB2305 board (of MN10300 processor). I downloaded
and compiled the redboot and I got the .elf, .img, .srec and .bin files. But
in the user's guide they specified to load the redboot.ram using JTAG
debugger, which I could not find from install directory. ( Actually I would
like to start from RAM).

Plaease provide some info. on how to get the redboot.ram from the build.

Thanks and Regards
Ramprasad