* [ECOS] zlib_uncompress usage(more info)
@ 2004-05-06  6:56 bhanuprakash kandimalla
From: bhanuprakash kandimalla @ 2004-05-06  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Just want to put some more info to my previous mail.

Hello Ecos World:
Did any one use the zlib uncompress function. This
funtion has the following structure:uncompress(dest,
dest_len, source, source_len). Is there anylimit on
the souce_len to use. I have a compressed image stored
in boot flash and want to uncompress onto RAM. The
source file is of 177768 bytes. Some how when I use
this function, it always returns Z_MEM_ERROR. (I used
the Cygwin tool to create the compressed image
(gzip)).

>>This Z_MEM_ERROR is returning from inflate_blocks()
function. What does this mean...

Can someone suggest me where I am doing wrong. I
appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

* Re: [ECOS] zlib_uncompress usage(more info)
@ 2004-05-06 14:37 ` John Newlin
From: John Newlin @ 2004-05-06 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bhanuprakash kandimalla, ecos-discuss

Most likely you need to skip around the gzip header (or strip the header
prior to programming the image into flash)

If you have the zlib code, look in gzio.c for the function check_header
as an example

-john

@ 2004-05-06 14:50   ` Thomas Koeller
From: Thomas Koeller @ 2004-05-06 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Zlib needs _huge_ buffers in RAM. A description of how to
estimate the amount of ram required can be found in
packages/services/compress/zlib/current/include/zconf.h.

tk

John Newlin wrote:
> Most likely you need to skip around the gzip header (or strip the header
> prior to programming the image into flash)
>
> If you have the zlib code, look in gzio.c for the function check_header
> as an example
>
> -john
>
> bhanuprakash kandimalla wrote:
> >Just want to put some more info to my previous mail.
> >
> >Hello Ecos World:
> >Did any one use the zlib uncompress function. This
> >funtion has the following structure:uncompress(dest,
> >dest_len, source, source_len). Is there anylimit on
> >the souce_len to use. I have a compressed image stored
> >in boot flash and want to uncompress onto RAM. The
> >source file is of 177768 bytes. Some how when I use
> >this function, it always returns Z_MEM_ERROR. (I used
> >the Cygwin tool to create the compressed image
> >(gzip)).

> >function. What does this mean...
> >
> >Can someone suggest me where I am doing wrong. I
> >appreciate any help.
> >Thanks in advance

> >Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
> >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

Thomas Koeller, Software Development
Basler Vision Technologies

thomas dot koeller at baslerweb dot com
http://www.baslerweb.com

* Re: [ECOS] zlib_uncompress usage(more info)
@ 2004-05-06 14:56     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2004-05-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Koeller; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 08:52, Thomas Koeller wrote:
> Zlib needs _huge_ buffers in RAM. A description of how to
> estimate the amount of ram required can be found in
> packages/services/compress/zlib/current/include/zconf.h.

Or look at how RedBoot does it.

@ 2004-05-07  7:10 ` Charlie
From: Charlie @ 2004-05-07  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

How do I unsubscribe to this list?

Charlie

From: William Martin @ 2004-05-07  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charlie, ecos-discuss

Amazingly enough, the link at the bottom of your email----> "Before posting,
please read the FAQ:..." includes a very useful link.

Once that page has opened, select "Mailing Lists" on the left side and read
that page. There will be a place to put an email in and the option to
subscribe/unsub.  This posting is to ecos-discuss, thus select that option
from the combo box.

-WM