* [ECOS] Re: CF disk/FAT16 problem
@ 2004-07-02 12:50 Stéphane Royo
From: Stéphane Royo @ 2004-07-02 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi Savin,

Now, I call the mount function with the appropriate device name
(/dev/disk0/1) but that does not solve my problem, the read boot record
function fails because it reads the sector 0 on my CF instead of 33.

Stephane

* [ECOS] Re: CF disk/FAT16 problem
@ 2004-07-02 14:15   ` Savin Zlobec
From: Savin Zlobec @ 2004-07-02 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephane.royo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Stéphane Royo wrote:

>Hi Savin,
>
>Now, I call the mount function with the appropriate device name
>(/dev/disk0/1) but that does not solve my problem, the read boot record
>function fails because it reads the sector 0 on my CF instead of 33.

Try enabling DEBUG define in disk.c, this will produce several printouts
about the MBR partitions geometry. If you can't figure it out then send the
data to me and I will take a look.

savin

* [ECOS] Re: CF disk/FAT16 problem
@ 2004-07-02 10:26 ` Savin Zlobec
From: Savin Zlobec @ 2004-07-02 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephane.royo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Stéphane Royo wrote:

>Thank you Savin, but I think that I used the appropriate device name
>/dev/disk0/0 (0 because I have only one partition), have you got an another
>idea ?

/dev/disk0/0 is the device handle for the whole disk, to access the
first partition
use /dev/disk0/1.

>For the fsync function I find it into io.cxx file, could you confirm me that
>I call it directly without  use any upper layer ?

upper layer?  ... fsync as in 'int fsync(int fd)' as defined by POSIX
(prototype in unistd.h)

savin

* [ECOS] Re:CF disk/FAT16 problem
@ 2004-07-02  9:40 Stéphane Royo
From: Stéphane Royo @ 2004-07-02  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2004-07-02  7:34 Savin Zlobec
From: Savin Zlobec @ 2004-07-02  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephane.royo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Stéphane Royo wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I ported V85X CF disk package to another platform and I use eCos FAT16 file
>system package.
>But I have a small problem. For example when I call the mount function the
>read boot record
>fail because the starting block number where begins the reading is 0 but the
>my boot record
>begins at block number 32 for the first partition. To solve temporary this
>problem I set an offset
>according to the partition number when V85X CF disk lookup is called.
>But I don't know if this patch is normal, if is there an another solution.

The partition table should be read by the upper layer and all you need
to do is
to use the appropriate device name - like /dev/disk0/[1-4],   [1-4] is
the number
of primary partition.

>I would like to know if there is an another solution to flush the file
>system cache to use the unmont ?

fsync

savin