* RE: [ECOS] Including a Ethernet driver and PCMCIA driver
@ 2001-08-28 10:20 Tim Michals
From: Tim Michals @ 2001-08-28 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm creating the cld files, the issue is in the CLD files for the devices,
for example
packages/dev/eth/arm/nano/current/cld

in the cld file the file CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_NANO_ETH0
and

        implements CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS
        implements CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0
        implements CYGINT_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559_REQUIRED
So if your including multiple devices make sure they DONT use the same eth0
because they overlap

Tim

From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-28 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tim Michals', ecos-discuss

Yep, you got it.  Make sure you change the source if need be too.  The
device name may not change with a changed to your CDL file.  eg.  "eth0"
or "eth1" strings in the ethernet driver source.  The occur at the top
of the file in.  example below.

ETH_DRV_SC(edb7xxx_sc,
           &_cs8900_priv_data, // Driver specific data
           CYGDAT_ETHDRV_NAME,             // Name for this interface
used to be "eth0" it's now dynamic
           cs8900_start,
           cs8900_stop,
           cs8900_control,
           cs8900_can_send,
           cs8900_send,
           cs8900_recv,
           cs8900_deliver,     // "pseudoDSR" called from fast net
thread
           cs8900_int,         // poll function, encapsulates ISR and
DSR
           cs8900_int_vector);

For more information on making your driver CDL files allow you to select
the eth device through the config tool see the following subject of
messages "[ECOS] ethernet driver package idea"

From: Tim Michals @ 2001-08-28 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Ah, the eth0, for each device you must detial each interface!  ie, if
Ethernet driver is eth0, the PCMICA must be eth1 in the CDL file and in the
driver struct

Tim

@ 2001-08-28 10:19 ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2001-08-28 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Tim Michals <Tim.Michals@Cygnetinc.com> writes:
> Thanks for the help, but when I add the packages the driver entries
> disappear, should this happen?  Also, I'm having an issue on configuring
> eth0 in the networking section, now I cannot select it anymore.

"Disappear" ?  They've probably moved so as to be below the generic driver
packages - so you can't see them at the top level any more.

A specific ethernet driver package, for example, says "the generic ether
driver is my parent" - so it appears within "ethernet drivers" in the GUI
tree view.  But if the generic ether ain't there, it's an orhpan, so it
appears (inactive, so greyed out) at the top level.  When you add the
generic ether, it moves to its rightful place, hidden in the default view.

HTH,
	- Huge

* RE: [ECOS] Including a Ethernet driver and PCMCIA driver
@ 2001-08-28 10:17 ` Trenton D. Adams

@ 2001-08-28 10:12 ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-08-28 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tim Michals', ecos-discuss

They disappear from what they were before.  They are now located under
other sections.

The PCMCIA platform specific driver is under "PCMCIA device drivers".
The ethernet driver is under "I/O Sub-system|Common Ethernet
support|platform specific name"

p.s
You can always use the "Edit|Find" command to search for "Macro Names"
and enter something like CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS.  This will then get you
to the appropriate section.

I'm confused on how to include both a PCMCIA Ethernet driver, a USB
Ethernet
driver and a standard MAC based driver using the configuration tool.
Currently I have a Ethernet MAC working and in the process of adding a
PCMCIA Ethernet driver, but the configuration tool grays out both the
Ethernet driver and the PCMCIA driver.

Tim

* RE: [ECOS] Including a Ethernet driver and PCMCIA driver
@ 2001-08-28 10:07 Tim Michals
                   ` (2 more replies)

@ 2001-08-28  9:58 ` Trenton D. Adams

@ 2001-08-28  9:53 Tim Michals