From: "Ling Su" <lingsu@palmmicro.com>
To: "Jesper Skov" <jskov@redhat.com>, <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] forwarded message from Ling Su
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:40:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> Ling> Hi, Dear All, Previously we were working with eCos on
> Ling> DDB-VRC4373 board. But I checked with NEC rep, the VRC4373 is
> Ling> obselete, the new version is VRC4375. These two boards have few
> Ling> differences, most important is the system bus controller
> Ling> (vrc4375 instead of vrc4373). Unfortunately I found the old GDB
> Ling> monitor doesn't work on the new board. But the PMON comes
> Ling> together with the board is working, I wonder if anyone tried use
> Ling> PMON with eCos on NEC DDB-VRC4373 platform. If it works, I guess
> Ling> I can test my old application is working on the new
> Ling> board. Thanks!
>
> Set the CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR option to PMON.

Can I use the eCos mips64vr4300-elf-gdb with PMON, I tried to connect it
with PMON, even I set the remotebaud to 9600, which is default value for
PMON, when I tried to "target remote /dev/ttyS0", the response is,
"Couldn't establish connection to remote target, Malformed response to
offset query, qOffsets".

Where I can find a working verison gdb with PMON in Linux? The board comes
together with a Cygwin version toolchain, I found it is hard to compile in
Linux platform. I am just wondering why the gdb working with eCos GDBstubs
can not working with PMON? By the way, I changed the
CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR option to PMON when I compile the eCos tests. Any
hints? Thanks!

Rgds,
-Ling