From: "Mike at VirginNet" <mister.chips@virgin.net>
To: <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] building RedBoot for a PC with an NIC other than 82559 or 82544
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi, thanks for the hint.

I've now edited ecos.db and replicated the package
CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I82544 as CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I21143 with
appropriate changes in the text.  I'm sure there is more to it than that,
but I don't have a clue what!

When I run configtool on /tmp/redboot_FLOPPY/ecos.ecc and select the
menuitem build>packages,  I see the 82559 driver.  When I try to remove it,
I get a dialogue that says 'Add and remove hardware packages by selecting a
new hardware template'.  When I select the menuitem 'build>templates' I get
a description of the makeup of the build, but no mechanism to change it or
create a new template. Please explain.

Cheers,

Mike