* [ECOS] resetting board via gdb
@ 2001-09-05  9:12 Laurent Gonzalez
From: Laurent Gonzalez @ 2001-09-05  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi folks,

does anyone know the gdb command to send a reset packet (to the remote
target) ?
In generic-stub.c, I see that a reset ('r') packet is mandatory in order the
kill ('k') packet actually reset the board. Many gdb action results in
sending kill packet, but I don't know how to make gdb send the reset packet !

Thanks.
--
GONZALEZ Laurent

Silicomp Research Institute
2 Avenue de Vignate
38610 GIERES

Tel: 04 76 63 48 63

* Re: [ECOS] resetting board via gdb
@ 2001-09-06 23:20 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-06 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: laurent.gonzalez; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Laurent Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> does anyone know the gdb command to send a reset packet (to the remote
> target) ?
> In generic-stub.c, I see that a reset ('r') packet is mandatory in order the
> kill ('k') packet actually reset the board. Many gdb action results in
> sending kill packet, but I don't know how to make gdb send the reset packet !

"maintenance packet r" at the GDB CLI. It's not documented, true.

Jifl