* [ECOS] Unresolved conflict
@ 2002-07-23 23:41 Venkatesh
From: Venkatesh @ 2002-07-23 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

I am using the latest version of ecos and i am using the config tool
version 2.11. Without Including the Basic networking package it is
building fine without any conflicts. But after adding net package when
I am trying to build it is giving one conflict as follows

Item 		Conflict		Property
CYGPKG_NET	Unsatisfied		Requires CYGPKG_NET_STACK == 1

but no proposed solutions is suggested.
Please help me in resolving this conflict.

Thanks In advance.

Regards
C.Venkatesh
Ceeyes Software Technologies

* Re: [ECOS] Unresolved conflict
@ 2002-07-24  0:52 ` NavEcos
From: NavEcos @ 2002-07-24  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkatesh, ecos-discuss

More information is needed

1) What is your target board?  Is it i386-pc target?

2) Are you using the windows or linux configtoo?

-Rich

@ 2002-07-24 10:56 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-07-24 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkatesh; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 23:09, Venkatesh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the latest version of ecos and i am using the config tool
> version 2.11. Without Including the Basic networking package it is
> building fine without any conflicts. But after adding net package when
> I am trying to build it is giving one conflict as follows
>
> Item 		Conflict		Property
> CYGPKG_NET	Unsatisfied		Requires CYGPKG_NET_STACK == 1
>
> but no proposed solutions is suggested.
> Please help me in resolving this conflict.

Adding the net package by itself isn't enough.  You also have to
provide a stack to fill in the framework (since there are choices).

Try using the "net" template, instead of starting from scratch.

* Re: [ECOS] Unresolved conflict
@ 2002-07-24 11:12   ` NavEcos
From: NavEcos @ 2002-07-24 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas, Venkatesh; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 10:56, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 23:09, Venkatesh wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using the latest version of ecos and i am using the config tool
> > version 2.11. Without Including the Basic networking package it is
> > building fine without any conflicts. But after adding net package when
> > I am trying to build it is giving one conflict as follows
> >
> > Item 		Conflict		Property
> > CYGPKG_NET	Unsatisfied		Requires CYGPKG_NET_STACK == 1
> >
> > but no proposed solutions is suggested.
> > Please help me in resolving this conflict.
>
> Adding the net package by itself isn't enough.  You also have to
> provide a stack to fill in the framework (since there are choices).
>
> Try using the "net" template, instead of starting from scratch.

Oh, so you are right.

Use templates.  I ran into that problem the first time I used the
cli configtool.  It should work fine.  I can provide screen dumps
of (about) what you should see when you set it up if it's
requested, but I won't post here due to the size.

-Rich

* Re: [ECOS] Unresolved conflict
@ 2002-07-24 10:58   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-07-24 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos; +Cc: Venkatesh, eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 11:57, NavEcos wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 July 2002 00:38, Venkatesh wrote:
> > Hi Rich,
> > I am using i386-pc target and windows configtool
>
> Use configtool-2.03 instead of 2.11.
>
> I know that combination works under *LINUX*.  The newest configtool
> for linux also fails to build an image, but for different reasons -
> uresolved symbols..
>
> If you cannot get a configtool that old, just get the oldest one you
> can find..
>
> If you are willing to move to linux, I can mail you my configtool too.
> I suspect now that eCos follows a gnu license that most of the
> development will be moving to Unix.

Always has been, [Linux] actually :-)  We only provided Windows based
tools for "political" reasons.

* Re: [ECOS] Unresolved conflict
@ 2002-07-24 10:52 ` NavEcos
From: NavEcos @ 2002-07-24 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Venkatesh, ecos, Venkatesh, ecos-discuss

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 00:38, Venkatesh wrote:
> Hi Rich,
> I am using i386-pc target and windows configtool

Use configtool-2.03 instead of 2.11.

I know that combination works under *LINUX*.  The newest configtool
for linux also fails to build an image, but for different reasons -
uresolved symbols..

If you cannot get a configtool that old, just get the oldest one you
can find..

If you are willing to move to linux, I can mail you my configtool too.
I suspect now that eCos follows a gnu license that most of the
development will be moving to Unix.

Hope that helps,
-rich

@ 2002-07-24  2:09 Venkatesh