* Re: [ECOS] porting ecos on a Hitachi sh3 7709 platform
       [not found] <076c01c0a283$24900e50$0900a8c0@domain.targus.net>
@ 2001-03-01 11:17 ` Nick - eCos Developer
From: Nick - eCos Developer @ 2001-03-01 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos - Discuss; +Cc: "Jeroen Buyck"

You're not the only ones working toward an 7709 port. Have you got
everything working on the 7708 eval board?

@ 2001-03-02  7:49 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-03-02  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeroen Buyck; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Jeroen> Hello, we're trying to port ecos on a sh3 7709 platform, but
Jeroen> since we have no experience at all with ecos, we have a lot of
Jeroen> difficulties :

Note that all the generic code is in place to support the 7709A. You
should start by cloning an existing platform HAL and change the CPU
variant it uses.

See the porting guide for more details - you might be able to use the
existing EDK7708 gdb_stubs on your platform, but more likely you'll
need to work on platform initialization before stubs can be run.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] porting ecos on a Hitachi sh3 7709 platform
@ 2001-02-28  8:46 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-02-28  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeroen Buyck; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Jeroen Buyck wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we're trying to port ecos on a sh3 7709 platform, but since we have no
> experience at all with ecos, we have a lot of difficulties :
>
> - In the "getting started with ecos" tutorial a gdb stub is used to
> communicate with the Hitachi EDK7708 evaluation board. Can we also use this
> way of communication for our 7709 platform?

Yes.

> Where do you have to put this stub in the flash?

That depends on the platform obviously :-). If the memory map is the same
as the 7708, put it in the same place.

> - Where do you find good information about the compilation of the eCos
> kernel? What do you need to compile?

Look in the documentation! http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/
on-line, or it comes with your eCos distribution.

Jifl

* [ECOS] porting ecos on a Hitachi sh3 7709 platform
@ 2001-02-28  5:06 Jeroen Buyck