On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 19:41, peter_ku wrote: > Hello Gary, > > The document says > > cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos > cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P net > cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P snmp > > After I execute the first step: cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos > I found everything is in my installed folder, include package/net and package/net/snmp , it looks like NET and SNMP has already installed. > Why I still execute the next two step? > for example : I see cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P snmp still update the SNMP. > > that is my question , thank you for your help. > No problem, it's just old documentation. With the v2.0(alpha), we've merged in the "net" and "snmp" packages with the mainline sources. You're probably set to go. > > Peter > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com > [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Gary Thomas > Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 8:32 PM > To: peter_ku > Cc: 'eCos Discussion' > Subject: Re: [ECOS]something unclear about CVS > > > On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 02:50, peter_ku wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I should use the CVS earlier!! thanks a lot, Gary. > > After I use CVS , I have something unclear. > > > > 1. ecos / net / snmp ?? > > After I execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos" > > , there is a /pckages/net folder in my directly > > > > Why should I continue to execute "cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 6 co -P ecos" ? I see this still update the /packages/net. > > what is the difference between this two net? > > > > Your question isn't very clear (I don't see any difference between the > two commands). The important thing is to let CVS update the whole tree, > which is significant - some 6000 files!. > > > 2. After all update finished (ecos, net , snmp), how do I know which version I use currently? Use the ConfigTool, the version is always "current" > > I know I can check ChangeLog, but each sub folder have their own ChangeLog file, is that the only way to check? > > Version "numbers" are a bit confusing here. eCos was designed to have > stabilized "releases" in which the "current" directories were renamed > to indicate the version. In this way, a single source tree could > contain multiple versions of eCos. However, at this time, the only > version available is the most current (hence the name) from CVS. > > You can get version and history information for any file in the > repository using CVS commands. Just try this on a file: > % cvs log > > > -- > Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos > and search the list archive: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss >