* [ECOS] help me please
@ 2007-12-30  2:03 true light
From: true light @ 2007-12-30  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hello , how are you all?
iam new to linux and iam trying to run configtool for ecos in my suse 10.3
when i run it with GUI nothing happen
when i run this command to run it
#./configtool
it give me this message
./configtool: error while loading shared libraries: libpng.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i go to yast and search for all libpng and install all of them
and the problem still didnt solved so i go to yast and software and community repositary and add all the available repositary
and search again for libpng but still the problem didnt solved

SO PLEASE i will appreciate any help

With allmy respect

* Re: [ECOS] Help me please...
@ 2002-07-23 23:33 Mike A
From: Mike A @ 2002-07-23 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jskov; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Cool, Thanks a lot for the info.

Have a nice evening!!!
-Mike.

>From: Jesper Skov <jskov@zoftcorp.dk>
>To: Mike A <embeddedeng@hotmail.com>
>CC: eCos Discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] Help me please...
>Date: 24 Jul 2002 08:31:08 +0200
>
>On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 08:24, Mike A wrote:
> > Hi Jesper,
> >
> > Does that means, ECOS won't work on the ATLAS? Please help me understand
> > this...
>
>[always copy the list!]
>
>It means that the port is incomplete. If you want to use eCos on the
>Atlas, the HAL port needs to be completed.
>
>Jesper

* [ECOS] Help me please...
@ 2002-07-23 22:38 Mike A
From: Mike A @ 2002-07-23 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: iz

Hi,

I tried ecos (latest code from repository) on my ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc). I built
the example code that came along with the ecos 1.3

Dumped the twothread.rec using the parallel cable after converting it to .fl
into the Flash. When I run it I get the following results:

Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
Sched: start
Sched: Schedule
Beginning execution; thread data is 0
Sched: Schedule
Beginning execution; thread data is 1
Sched: Schedule
Sched: Schedule

Here I have modified the sched.cxx & mlqueue.cxx
The “Sched: start” is printed by diag_printf from Cyg_Scheduler::start() in
sched.cxx
The “Sched: Schedule” is printed by diag_printf from
Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::schedule() in mlqueue.cxx

I modified the twothread.c as below:

#include <cyg/kernel/kapi.h>

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

/* now declare (and allocate space for) some kernel objects,
   like the two threads we will use */
cyg_thread thread_s[2];		/* space for two thread objects */

char stack[2][4096];		/* space for two 4K stacks */

/* now the handles for the threads */
cyg_handle_t simple_threadA, simple_threadB;

/* and now variables for the procedure which is the thread */
cyg_thread_entry_t simple_program;

/* and now a mutex to protect calls to the C library */
cyg_mutex_t cliblock;

/* we install our own startup routine which sets up threads */
void cyg_user_start(void)
{
  printf("Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function\n");

  cyg_mutex_init(&cliblock);

  cyg_thread_create(4, simple_program, (cyg_addrword_t) 0,
		    "Thread A", (void *) stack[0], 4096,
		    &simple_threadA, &thread_s[0]);
  cyg_thread_create(4, simple_program, (cyg_addrword_t) 1,
		    "Thread B", (void *) stack[1], 4096,
		    &simple_threadB, &thread_s[1]);

  cyg_thread_resume(simple_threadA);
  cyg_thread_resume(simple_threadB);
}

/* this is a simple program which runs in a thread */
void simple_program(cyg_addrword_t data)
{
  int message = (int) data;
  int delay;

  printf("Beginning execution; thread data is %d\n", message);

  while(1)
  {
      cyg_thread_delay(200);

I am planning to do GDB. In the ideal case the terminal should be printing
“Sched: Schedule” pair continuously at a constant interval. But here it is
printing only one set & it simply stops with no news. Let me know if there
is a known bug or some issue with the ATLAS port or there is some problem
with this application. Thanks a lot & have a very nice day.

Cheers,
-Michael.

* Re: [ECOS] Help me please...
@ 2002-06-22  1:50 Mike A
From: Mike A @ 2002-06-22  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julian.smart, ecos-discuss

Hi Julian,

Thanks a lot to you & all those who helped me. It is great & now I got
reboot dumped in the Flash & pretty soon will get the tests runing over it.

Then I should try my own sample applictions.

Cheers,
-Mike.

* [ECOS] Help me please...
@ 2002-06-20 22:26 Mike A
From: Mike A @ 2002-06-20 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,

Set-up:
Target board: ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)
Developement environment: Windows 98

I see a lot of discrepancies between the configuration Tool what I have &
what is explained in the ecos user manual.

Installation info.:
Ecos configuration Tool ver 2.08 (I am running it on Win98 machine)
Latest ecos repository pulled using WinCVS 1.3

1. In the ecos user manual, Under “Layout Manipulation” there is a line like
this, “View->Toolbars->Memory Layout” to enable the Memory Layout Window.
But I donÂ’t see any thing beyond View->toolbars. And also there is no button
to enable the Memory Layout Window in the tool bar.
2. Tool->Platforms is showing an empty window. There are no entries
(platforms) to select one from.
3. When I do Tools->Run Tests. If there is no platform specified, the
configuration Tool is supposed to open-up the Platforms window (just like
Tool->Platforms) for selecting a platform from the list. But this doesnÂ’t
happen, instead the source gets built.
4. While it is building three buttons are suppose to appear (Run/Stop, Close
and Properties) on the properties window. But I donÂ’t see any.

Is this because I am using a windows version of configuration tool?
Or did I not install it properly?
OrÂ…

I donÂ’t know how to switch between ROM & RAM builds. Please help me out.

If I look in the sub-folders inside testcfg_install folder, I see a lot of
.exe files. Are these plain binary (MIPS) images (I have chosen “ATLAS with
4Kc processor” Template)?
If so, is there an option in the Configuration tool or a configurable
parameter to get S-rec image outputs?

I am trying to get redboot & some simple applications build for my ATLAS
(4Kc) board. Please someone clear my doubts. If possible walk me through the
steps to develop a small sample application for the ATLAS (4Kc) on the
windows ecos Configuration tool. Possibly can send me the support files
needed for the build (like .ecc). Thanks a lot for this great help!!!

-Mike.