* [ECOS] configtool problems
@ 2003-05-06  8:26 S Yugandhar
From: S Yugandhar @ 2003-05-06  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
  I am new to this list as i am to ecos.Yesterday, after i downloaded and
installed ecos for i386-elf,i tried to run 'configtool'(after doing things
as described in the documents).I got the following.

configtool: error while loading shared libraries: configtool: symbol
fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
reference

I then tried 'ecosconfig'.I used the following commands.

$ecosconfig new pc
$ecosconfig tree
$make

The output ended with an error...
i386-elf-ar: error while loading shared libraries: i386-elf-ar: symbol
fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
reference

 What could be the possible reason.Did anyone face a similar
problem earlier.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yugandhar

* Re: [ECOS] configtool problems
@ 2003-05-06 13:06 ` Gary D. Thomas
From: Gary D. Thomas @ 2003-05-06 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S Yugandhar; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 02:19, S Yugandhar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am new to this list as i am to ecos.Yesterday, after i downloaded and
> installed ecos for i386-elf,i tried to run 'configtool'(after doing things
> as described in the documents).I got the following.
>
> configtool: error while loading shared libraries: configtool: symbol
> fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference
>
> I then tried 'ecosconfig'.I used the following commands.
>
> $ecosconfig new pc
> $ecosconfig tree
> $make
>
> The output ended with an error...
> i386-elf-ar: error while loading shared libraries: i386-elf-ar: symbol
> fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference
>
>  What could be the possible reason.Did anyone face a similar
> problem earlier.Any help is greatly appreciated.

What version of Linux are you running on your host?

These errors imply that the GLIBC that is installed on your system
is not in step with the one used to build the tools.  Possibly you
might upgrade your system, or you might have to build the tools
yourself.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>

* Re: [ECOS] configtool problems
@ 2003-05-07  5:40   ` S Yugandhar
From: S Yugandhar @ 2003-05-07  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary D. Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Dear Gary,
  Thanks for the reply.I am running a RedHat7.1(kernel 2.4.2-2).Do i need
to upgrade to atleast 7.2?

Yugandhar

@ 2003-05-07  9:13   ` S Yugandhar
From: S Yugandhar @ 2003-05-07  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary D. Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Hi Gary,
  I built the latest tools,gcc and newlib from source.This solved the
ecos build problem.However i still get the same error when i try to run the
'configtool'.Any pointers.

@ 2003-05-07 12:20     ` Gary D. Thomas
From: Gary D. Thomas @ 2003-05-07 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: S Yugandhar; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 03:09, S Yugandhar wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>   I built the latest tools,gcc and newlib from source.This solved the
> ecos build problem.However i still get the same error when i try to run the
> 'configtool'.Any pointers.

You can always rebuild the configtool as well - it's straight
forward.

That said, I'd consider upgrading since 7.1 is now more than
two years old.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>

* Re: [ECOS] configtool problems-Thanks
@ 2003-05-09  9:19       ` S Yugandhar
From: S Yugandhar @ 2003-05-09  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary D. Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

Thanks Gary.I updated my linux install.configtool works fine now.

Yugandhar

* [ECOS]  configtool problems
@ 2005-04-28  9:56 Andrew Armstrong
From: Andrew Armstrong @ 2005-04-28  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am running windows XP SP2 and have installed cygwin with the required
packages stated on ecos website. Having downloaded ecos-install.tcl and
installed ecos into the default location /opt/ecos, I have tried to run
configtool.exe. The program appears on my screen and then disappears quickly
with no visible error message. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong or
where to look for some error information.

I am keen to investigate the possibilities of ecos so any help would be
greatly appreciated in getting a working version up and running.

Regards

Andrew Armstrong