* [ECOS] how to startup the ecos from Linux?
@ 2003-09-24 18:27 b8944004
From: b8944004 @ 2003-09-24 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I know I can startup ecos from Wince on the IPAQ 3630 by using
the "OSloader".
the steps:
 1.copy my image(bootldr) to the root of IPAQ
 2.execute OSloader
 3.tools->bootldr->Run After loading from file

How to startup ecos from linux like using the WinCE ??

My image is ecos+Microwindows.

Thank's for reading.
satish

* Re: [ECOS] how to startup the ecos from Linux?
@ 2003-09-24 19:11 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-09-24 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b8944004; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 08:11, b8944004 wrote:
> I know I can startup ecos from Wince on the IPAQ 3630 by using
> the "OSloader".
> the steps:
>  1.copy my image(bootldr) to the root of IPAQ
>  2.execute OSloader
>  3.tools->bootldr->Run After loading from file
>
> How to startup ecos from linux like using the WinCE ??
>
> My image is ecos+Microwindows.

I doubt that this can work since eCos needs to run in Supervisor
mode and take over the hardware, something that Linux is loathe
to allow.

Have you actually managed to get the eCos application working from
WinCE?  If so, did you have to make any changes to the sources?

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: [ECOS] how to startup the ecos from Linux?
@ 2003-09-25 13:09   ` b8944004
From: b8944004 @ 2003-09-25 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 24 Sep 2003 13:11:14 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote
> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 08:11, b8944004 wrote:
> > I know I can startup ecos from Wince on the IPAQ 3630 by using
> > the "OSloader".
> > the steps:
> >  1.copy my image(bootldr) to the root of IPAQ
> >  2.execute OSloader
> >  3.tools->bootldr->Run After loading from file
> >
> > How to startup ecos from linux like using the WinCE ??
> >
> > My image is ecos+Microwindows.
>
> I doubt that this can work since eCos needs to run in Supervisor
> mode and take over the hardware, something that Linux is loathe
> to allow.
Maybe I should correct into emulate eCos on WinCE and Linux.

I tried to emulate eCos,my image is eCos+Microwindows,from WinCE on IPAQ
3630 by using the "OSloader" and it could run until
the Microwindows Windows Manger (a green frame).
Then the IPAQ藩open a virtual keyboard, but it couldn't be use on IPAQ 3870
in the same way.
I guess the reason is the memory. Because the RedBoot
doesn't supported for H3870,so I want to emulate eCos on the Familiar Linux
of IPAQ 3870.

    When I have read the documents on web,it wrote that I must set the
target to "i386linux" if I want to
  use "eCos Synthetic Target".It mean that the emulation only c run on the
i386 linux?  Are there any solutions about emulating on the
    ARM linux??

Thanks for reading and sorry about my poor English.
Regards.