From: Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
To: vinay@hunolabs.com
Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: RE: [ECOS]  EB40A: Running one Function from RAM,rest in FLASH
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:38:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Please copy the mailing list to your replies - that way everyone
benefits :-)

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 13:33, Vinay.S wrote:
> hi gary,
> Thanks man.
> 	Actually just using the following
> __attribute__(SECTION("2ram.dummy")) worked for me.
> 	Can u please tell me what the above statement does? or atleast direct me to
> proper resources regarding the same.

Look at the linker file .../hal/arm/arch/current/src/arm.ld
The attribute tells the linker that the code for this particular
function goes in the "2ram.dummy" section, rather than .text.XXX
In turn, the linker will arrange that this code is then placed in
initialized data (RAM) at runtime.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates