* [ECOS] Reset function
@ 2003-12-15  8:39 Francesc Teixido Navarro
From: Francesc Teixido Navarro @ 2003-12-15  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,
	 I'm programming an aplication for Falcom F35-XXL with eCos
1.1 and I need to reboot the system if the system or a thread is
stalled??

						Thanks

* Re: [ECOS] Reset function
@ 2003-12-15 10:42 ` mohanlal jangir
From: mohanlal jangir @ 2003-12-15 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francesc Teixido Navarro, ecos-discuss

> Hi all,
> I'm programming an aplication for Falcom F35-XXL with eCos
> 1.1
Why you want to play with such old code. Get latest version which has many
bugs fixed.

> and I need to reboot the system if the system or a thread is
> stalled??

Why do you need this? Do you want to do this for getting out of deadlock? If
yes, you better avoid deadlock using semaphores or mutexes.

Regards
Mohanlal

* Re: [ECOS] Reset function
@ 2003-12-15 13:14 ` Wolfram Kattanek
From: Wolfram Kattanek @ 2003-12-15 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Francesc Teixido Navarro; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Quoting Francesc Teixido Navarro <ca06332@salleURL.edu>:

> Hi all,
> 	 I'm programming an aplication for Falcom F35-XXL with eCos
> 1.1 and I need to reboot the system if the system or a thread is
> stalled??
>
> 						Thanks

A common approach for dealing with such situations is using a (HW)
watchdog. After starting it the application threads have to trigger
it periodically otherwise a HW reset will be performed.

The F35-XXL is equipped with a HW watchdog. The provided software
kit contains example code for using it. See also:
http://www.falcom.de/pub/f35-xxl/f35xxl_faq.pdf

Wolfram
--
Wolfram 'L.A.' Kattanek     Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und
Email:       LA@imms.de     Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH

* RE: [ECOS] Reset function
@ 2003-12-15 16:52 R. Tubben
From: R. Tubben @ 2003-12-15 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi there,
We are a newbie with eCos and are also using a Falcom F35. We
are trying to make the F35 work with the latest eCos version but
that doesn't go very simple.
Does anyone allready have the latest eCos version running on a
F35?

Regards,

Ronald Tubben