* [ECOS] Re: Creating UART driver
@ 2004-04-14  9:29 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2004-04-14  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anhmn, ecos-discuss

I've done something very similar. We used the www.opencores.org 16x5x
UART in an FPGA attached to the EB40a.

Its been a while since I looked at this, but you may wish to have a look
at the below post:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-09/msg00093.html

--

Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com

* Re: [ECOS] Re: Creating UART driver
@ 2004-04-14 22:21 ` Sam Pham
From: Sam Pham @ 2004-04-14 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Øyvind Harboe, ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 1044 bytes --]

In your post, you mentioned about the problem of
having 2 different UART types in 1 board.  How would
you resolve this issue other than using FPGA which is
specific only to EB40a?

Thanks.

@ 2004-04-15  9:32   ` Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2004-04-15  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Pham; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 23:12, Sam Pham wrote:
> In your post, you mentioned about the problem of
> having 2 different UART types in 1 board.  How would
> you resolve this issue other than using FPGA which is
> specific only to EB40a?
>
> Thanks.

The FPGA we're using is not "specific only to EB40a". In fact, an FPGA
is not any different to any other UART chip as far as the software is
concerned(except the FPGA has to be initialised early before eCos starts
initialising hardware).

I don't know if the above helps, because I don't think I understand what
exactly you are asking about. :-)

--

Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com