* [ECOS] possible bug in if_fcc ethernet driver?
@ 2004-06-14 15:15 agyhoo
From: agyhoo @ 2004-06-14 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

In the if_fcc ethernet driver, the fcc_eth_init routine
returns "false" if there is no LINK detected (ie, network
cable is unplugged). However, there is a compile switch
around the return false statement (CYGPKG_REDBOOT).
Therefore, when I run my eCos application, it hangs when
the network cable is unplugged. I think this is because the
network alarm thread and the background thread think the
device status is available and try to access it.

Am I missing something? Can someone tell me why the compile
switch is present?

Thanks.

- Anunoy

* Re: [ECOS] possible bug in if_fcc ethernet driver?
@ 2004-06-15 18:01 agyhoo
From: agyhoo @ 2004-06-15 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Thanks for your response Peter.

I dont think that the PHY timeout is an issue in my case.
The phy initialization and indeed the MAC initialization
completes successfully. The hardware independent ethernet
driver sets the state as ACTIVE so the FreeBSD stack
thinks the device is ready to send/receive.

I still haven't figured out where the problem is. All I
know is that something goes wrong in the initialization
code before my main routine kicks in. I suspect the
alarm timeout network thread because it calls the
ethdrv "tickle" API call that seems to do a send operation.

- Anunoy