* [ECOS]  Porting ecos on ARM
@ 2004-08-04  9:50 hemal gujarathi
From: hemal gujarathi @ 2004-08-04  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all ,

   I am a starter on this mailing list. I am doing a
project "Porting ecos on ARM board". I have the ARM
board from WISCORE. I have a fair bit of idea of how
RTOS works & have good background of hardware. Could
anyone please tell me how should i start? Is it
necessary to have in depth knowledge of the target
processor (In my case ARM7TDMI)? coz it will take a
gud amount of time to study ARM in detail along with
ecos. Also please tell me the links providing such
info. Is anybody doing same kind of project? (I mean
using the same target)

Thanking you
Hemal Gujarathi

* Re: [ECOS]  Porting ecos on ARM
@ 2004-08-04 10:30 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2004-08-04 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hemal gujarathi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 03:50, hemal gujarathi wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
>    I am a starter on this mailing list. I am doing a
> project "Porting ecos on ARM board". I have the ARM
> board from WISCORE. I have a fair bit of idea of how
> RTOS works & have good background of hardware. Could
> anyone please tell me how should i start? Is it
> necessary to have in depth knowledge of the target
> processor (In my case ARM7TDMI)? coz it will take a
> gud amount of time to study ARM in detail along with
> ecos. Also please tell me the links providing such
> info. Is anybody doing same kind of project? (I mean
> using the same target)

Look at the porting guide in the eCos documentation
  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/
Also many of your questions have probably been asked and
answered before, so check the archives of this list.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates