* [ECOS] Re: spi driver on at91
@ 2004-08-19 14:31 Savin Zlobec
From: Savin Zlobec @ 2004-08-19 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: davarn, jam2000; +Cc: ecos-discuss

davarn wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm really interested to see your code, perhaps it wiil be a good starting
>point, or perhaps just need a simple port to at91m42800.
>What i want to do is "/dev/spi" type of driver wich can handle all type of AT91
>board.
>After make a dataFlash and ADC driver on it.
>
>Regards
>David
>
>Selon Mike Jastrebtsoff <jam2000@pisem.net>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've ported SPI driver form arm-linux to ecos(AT91M55800A) not so long ago.
>> I used it with Dataflash memory.
>>
>> It has some issues:
>> 1. The speed rate doesn't rise beyond 320 Kbit.
>>    I've applied to the Atmel's support but didn't get a satisfactory answer.
>> 2. Sometimes the spi device doesn't answer the command.
>>
>> Probably these are peculiarities of AT91 SPI or my bugs.
>> I could send it to you.
>>
>> By the way there is Atmel's  software SPI driver.
>>
>> -------
>> Regards,
>>   Mike
>>
>> dff> I am currently starting the devellopement of an spi driver on at91.
>> dff> Does anobody have done that already or is currently doing?
>> dff> If someone do this driver let me know to not devellop this twice.

Hi,

I've also started writing an spi driver some time ago,  did an io_spi
device driver and
its low level part for the at91. I managed to do some tests with its
local loopback feature,
the next thing in plan is to write an dataFlash driver...

I can share my code and maybe eCos needs an spi device driver
infrastructure.
Anybody interested in merging our work ?

savin

* [ECOS] Re: spi driver on at91
@ 2004-08-19 14:55 ` davarn
       [not found]   ` <20040819183022.548AEEC10C@delenn.bartv.net>
From: davarn @ 2004-08-19 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Savin Zlobec; +Cc: jam2000, ecos-discuss

Hello,
I'm interested in merging all this work and give to ecos a /dev/spi type of
I already started to write cdl to give to this driver, flexibility.
I plan first to write only a spi master driver.

David Arnaud

Selon Savin Zlobec <savin@elatec.si>:

> davarn wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I'm really interested to see your code, perhaps it wiil be a good starting
> >point, or perhaps just need a simple port to at91m42800.
> >What i want to do is "/dev/spi" type of driver wich can handle all type of
> AT91
> >board.
> >After make a dataFlash and ADC driver on it.
> >
> >Regards
> >David
> >
> >Selon Mike Jastrebtsoff <jam2000@pisem.net>:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I've ported SPI driver form arm-linux to ecos(AT91M55800A) not so long
> ago.
> >> I used it with Dataflash memory.
> >>
> >> It has some issues:
> >> 1. The speed rate doesn't rise beyond 320 Kbit.
> >>    I've applied to the Atmel's support but didn't get a satisfactory
> answer.
> >> 2. Sometimes the spi device doesn't answer the command.
> >>
> >> Probably these are peculiarities of AT91 SPI or my bugs.
> >> I could send it to you.
> >>
> >> By the way there is Atmel's  software SPI driver.
> >>
> >> -------
> >> Regards,
> >>   Mike
> >>
> >> dff> I am currently starting the devellopement of an spi driver on at91.
> >> dff> Does anobody have done that already or is currently doing?
> >> dff> If someone do this driver let me know to not devellop this twice.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I've also started writing an spi driver some time ago,  did an io_spi
> device driver and
> its low level part for the at91. I managed to do some tests with its
> local loopback feature,
> the next thing in plan is to write an dataFlash driver...
>
> I can share my code and maybe eCos needs an spi device driver
> infrastructure.
> Anybody interested in merging our work ?
>
> savin

* [ECOS] Re[2]: spi driver on at91
@ 2004-08-20  4:53 ` Mike Jastrebtsoff
From: Mike Jastrebtsoff @ 2004-08-20  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Savin Zlobec; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello, Savin.

That's a good idea. Escpecially concerning Dataflash driver.
I could share my code with Dataflash driver.
But its speed is 320kbits only and it needs further debugging.

Regards,
        Mike
SZ> Hi,

SZ> I've also started writing an spi driver some time ago,  did an io_spi
SZ> device driver and
SZ> its low level part for the at91. I managed to do some tests with its
SZ> local loopback feature,
SZ> the next thing in plan is to write an dataFlash driver...

SZ> I can share my code and maybe eCos needs an spi device driver
SZ> infrastructure.
SZ> Anybody interested in merging our work ?

SZ> savin

* [ECOS] spi driver on at91
       [not found]   ` <20040819183022.548AEEC10C@delenn.bartv.net>
@ 2004-08-25 17:51     ` Savin Zlobec
From: Savin Zlobec @ 2004-08-25 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: davarn, jam2000

Hi,

I've just finished the first (very raw) version of
the AT91 SPI driver. It is still incomplete and
eb55 platform specific and it will take some more
time till it gets to the ecos-patches list.
I know that some of you are working on the same
thing and I'll happily send the code to whomever
wishes to help develop it further.

savin