From: Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
To: Raghu Bulusu <RBulusu@reptron.com>
Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: RE: [ECOS] CQ7750
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 14:41 -0400, Raghu Bulusu wrote:
> Gary,
>
>  	Thanks for the reply, I did use grep earlier but all the statements
> seem to define function HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_INIT() as hal_diag_led_on()or a
> null function. It may sound like a basic 'C' question but I want to know
> when statement '#ifdef HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_INIT' in the function
> initHardware() is true?

It is indeed a basic C question; #ifdef tests to see if the macro
HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_INIT has been defined [in either the main source file
or in any of the files included via #include statements]

Using this construct allows a platform to define a function to be called
during stub startup, or leave it out.  In fact all of the include files
which define it to be the empty statement could simply have that line
removed for the same effect.