@ 2006-03-31  6:23 john bogus
From: john bogus @ 2006-03-31  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am am trying to configure ecos with the "current"
rather the the default v2_0 of redboot.

I know that I can do this in configtool, but I am
trying to do with ecosconfig.  When I do:

ecosconfig new mytarget redboot current

I get the help screen,  if I do

ecosconfig new mytarget redboot

it defaults to V2_0

Oh, and configtool defaults to "current" for the
redboot template.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

@ 2006-03-31 10:18 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-03-31 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john bogus; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:11:28PM -0800, john bogus wrote:
> I am am trying to configure ecos with the "current"
> rather the the default v2_0 of redboot.
>
> I know that I can do this in configtool, but I am
> trying to do with ecosconfig.  When I do:
>
> ecosconfig new mytarget redboot current
>
> I get the help screen,  if I do
>
> ecosconfig new mytarget redboot
>
> it defaults to V2_0
>
> Oh, and configtool defaults to "current" for the
> redboot template.
>
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hello Mr Bogus

I've never used a version with new command.

However, does this do what you want?

ecosconfig version current redboot

        Fred Blogs

@ 2006-03-31 18:22   ` john bogus
From: john bogus @ 2006-03-31 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: ecos-discuss

--- Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:11:28PM -0800, john bogus
> wrote:
> > I am am trying to configure ecos with the
> "current"
> > rather the the default v2_0 of redboot.
> >
> > I know that I can do this in configtool, but I am
> > trying to do with ecosconfig.  When I do:
> >
> > ecosconfig new mytarget redboot current
> >
> > I get the help screen,  if I do
> >
> > ecosconfig new mytarget redboot
> >
> > it defaults to V2_0
> >
> > Oh, and configtool defaults to "current" for the
> > redboot template.
> >
> > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Hello Mr Bogus
>
> I've never used a version with new command.
>
> However, does this do what you want?
>
> ecosconfig version current redboot
>
>         Fred Blogs

I tried that, but it seems  the version command only
works on packages, not templates.

@ 2006-03-31 21:01     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-03-31 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john bogus; +Cc: Andrew Lunn, eCos Discussion

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:07 -0800, john bogus wrote:

> --- Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 04:11:28PM -0800, john bogus
> > wrote:
> > > I am am trying to configure ecos with the
> > "current"
> > > rather the the default v2_0 of redboot.
> > >
> > > I know that I can do this in configtool, but I am
> > > trying to do with ecosconfig.  When I do:
> > >
> > > ecosconfig new mytarget redboot current
> > >
> > > I get the help screen,  if I do
> > >
> > > ecosconfig new mytarget redboot
> > >
> > > it defaults to V2_0
> > >
> > > Oh, and configtool defaults to "current" for the
> > > redboot template.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Hello Mr Bogus
> >
> > I've never used a version with new command.
> >
> > However, does this do what you want?
> >
> > ecosconfig version current redboot
> >
> >         Fred Blogs
> >
> I tried that, but it seems  the version command only
> works on packages, not templates.

If you've downloaded the current (CVS) repository, just get rid
of the v2_0 stuff - you don't need nor want it.

Make sure that you end up with the current 'ecos.db' :-)