* [ECOS] Re: Porting eCos on Intel XScale PXA255
@ 2004-01-06 16:27 amassa
From: amassa @ 2004-01-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vinayagam; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Here's a little more detailed info that might help as well.

Set the path for our new GNU cross-development tools. The bash shell
command for this is:

$ PATH=/tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin:$PATH ; export PATH

We also add the GNU cross-development tools directory to the Windows
environment path. The path is altered by right-clicking on the My Computer
icon on the desktop. This brings up a drop-down list of options. Select
Properties from the drop-down list.

The System Properties dialog box is displayed. Select the Environment tab.
Under the User Variables, select path. In the Value edit box, to the front
of the path, add:

D:\cygwin\tools\H-i686-pc-cygwin\bin;

Then, click the Set button. Finally, click the OK button.

Hope this helps.

--Anthony

* [ECOS] Timer mechanism
@ 2004-01-13 16:22 ` Giovanni Perbellini
From: Giovanni Perbellini @ 2004-01-13 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I'd like to know how the timer mechanism works.
I have used a function to return the current time, cyg_current_time().
I guess that this function returns the ticks count since when I turn on the
board, is it correct?

Otherwise, Is there a variable, method or class returning/containing the
ticks count since the power up?

Moreover, I have read that there is a macro to read the current value of the
timing devices counter since the last interrupt, called HAL_CLOCK_READ. What
is the relationship between the tick and interrupt?

Regards
Giovanni Perbellini

* Re: [ECOS] Significance of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"
@ 2004-02-04  1:13 ` Vinayagam
From: Vinayagam @ 2004-02-04  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,
Good Morning.
I am working on SA-1110 based customized target.
I have small doubt in "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE".
What is the significance of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
How do decide the value of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
Is there any relation between RedBoot and  "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Vinayagam.M

* Re: [ECOS] Significance of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"
@ 2004-02-04 12:56   ` Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2004-02-04 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vinayagam; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> Hi All,
> Good Morning.
> I am working on SA-1110 based customized target.
> I have small doubt in "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE".
> What is the significance of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
> How do decide the value of "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
> Is there any relation between RedBoot and  "HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE"?
> Thanks in Advance.
> Regards,
> Vinayagam.M

HAL_PLATFORM_MACHINE_TYPE is used by the RedBoot 'exec' command
when booting a linux kernel. It is a unique number identifying the
platform that linux is running on. The current list of registered
machines is at:

  http://www.arm.uk.linux.org/developer/machines/

--Mark

* [ECOS] Re: Porting eCos on Intel XScale PXA255
@ 2004-01-06 16:24 amassa
From: amassa @ 2004-01-06 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vinayagam; +Cc: ecos-discuss

>I think, I have to set some environment Variables but I do not know how to
>do it. I am totally new to this GNU based development environment. If
anyone
>comes across this problem please give me some guidelines on the same.

Towards the bottom of the link you put in your message it states:

On completion, the Intel x86 development tool executable files will be
located at /tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin. This directory should be added to
the head of your PATH. The eCos Configuration Tool also allows you to set
the build tools path.

You should add this to your path.  You will also need to add this to your
Configuration Tool (if you are using it) for your build tools directory.

--Anthony