* [ECOS] lpc2xxx timer interrupt
@ 2007-05-28  8:04 Shusharin Alexey
From: Shusharin Alexey @ 2007-05-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

I'm trying to port eCos to my platform (ARM7, LPC2292, my own board). My
driver should scan a hardware with 100 Hz frequency, but the variant
layer of HAL is using both timers.
Is there some method to add call of my function to the system timer
interrupt routine without modifying the variant and architecture code?
Or does anybody know other solution of this problem?

Thanks
Best regards

Alexey Shusharin

* Re: [ECOS] lpc2xxx timer interrupt
@ 2007-05-28  9:39 ` Sergei Gavrikov
From: Sergei Gavrikov @ 2007-05-28  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shusharin Alexey; +Cc: ecos-discuss

В Пнд, 28/05/2007 в 12:29 +0700, Shusharin Alexey пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port eCos to my platform (ARM7, LPC2292, my own board). My
> driver should scan a hardware with 100 Hz frequency, but the variant
> layer of HAL is using both timers.
> Is there some method to add call of my function to the system timer
> interrupt routine without modifying the variant and architecture code?
> Or does anybody know other solution of this problem?

100 Hz latency isn't a hard-timing polling. So, you can use one eCos
thread to fullfil that work with a cyg_thread_delay(1) waiting. If you
want really to release TIMER1 resources for your own needs (that timer
uses itself to implement the variant hal_delay_us() function) you would
can to declare the variant's hal_delay_us() with a WEAK attribute and
overwrite this function in your platform HAL, but, it seems, that is
more tricky.

-- Sergei

@ 2007-05-29  9:51   ` Alexey Shusharin
From: Alexey Shusharin @ 2007-05-29  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sergei Gavrikov пишет:
> В Пнд, 28/05/2007 в 12:29 +0700, Shusharin Alexey пишет:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to port eCos to my platform (ARM7, LPC2292, my own board). My
>> driver should scan a hardware with 100 Hz frequency, but the variant
>> layer of HAL is using both timers.
>> Is there some method to add call of my function to the system timer
>> interrupt routine without modifying the variant and architecture code?
>> Or does anybody know other solution of this problem?
>
> 100 Hz latency isn't a hard-timing polling. So, you can use one eCos
> thread to fullfil that work with a cyg_thread_delay(1) waiting. If you
> want really to release TIMER1 resources for your own needs (that timer
> uses itself to implement the variant hal_delay_us() function) you would
> can to declare the variant's hal_delay_us() with a WEAK attribute and
> overwrite this function in your platform HAL, but, it seems, that is
> more tricky.
>
> -- Sergei
>
>> Thanks
>> Best regards
>>
>> Alexey Shusharin

Thanks Sergei for reply.

Using threads is a good choice, but my driver should work without kernel
too. So, I will implement timer interrupt.

Best regards
Alexey Shusharin