Hi Sergei, hi list, Am Montag, den 31.05.2010, 21:26 +0300 schrieb Sergei Gavrikov: > Those snippets are the very minimal configs :-) Indeed. Find the output of your inspect script attached. Note: your inspect script misses the netx serial driver, because it's included with -hardware. The config looks like that: cdl_configuration eCos { description "" ; # These fields should not be modified. hardware nxhx50re_ser_only ; template default ; package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ; package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_ARM9 current ; package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_ARM9_NETX50 current ; package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_NETX current ; package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ; package -template CYGPKG_IO current ; package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ; package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ; package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ; package -template CYGPKG_MEMALLOC current ; package -template CYGPKG_ISOINFRA current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_SETJMP current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_SIGNALS current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STARTUP current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STDIO current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STDLIB current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_STRING current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBC_TIME current ; package -template CYGPKG_LIBM current ; package -template CYGPKG_IO_WALLCLOCK current ; package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ; package CYGPKG_PDCURSES current ; }; > As your HAL is freshmeat... And what your HAL global CFLAGS, LDFLAGS > are? Do you use the same flags as another ARM9 targets use? May be > there are some odd things? Where your compiler (toolchain) came from? I'm using the ecoscentric-supplied arm-eabi toolchain from ecos v3.0 release (but I'm on cvs for ecos itself right now) CFLAGS and LDFLAGS should be somewhat standard for the arm ports. I started using an integrator or innovator (can't remember anymore) arm9 hal. I could try using specific -mcpu options for the arm966 (currently using just arm9), but that shouldn't be the problem. from my Make.params: ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS = -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-write-strings -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm9 -g -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS = -mno-thumb-interwork -mcpu=arm9 --no-target-default-spec -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static -g -O0 -nostdlib > About serial tests (though you said: 'the netX serial driver working > quite fine'), if you looking for more tests, look at > > io/serial//tests/README Okay, I did not think about the serial tests just before. But I compiled them and after adding stuff to the ser_test_protocol.inl I got serial1, serial2, tty1 and tty2 running fine. (I stopped here, because I don't want to setup the serial_filter stuff, because I'm not using RedBoot / gdb stubs; I'm building stand-alone apps) > Can you confirm that at the least that `serial1' test finished without > any failures on your target? Can you confirm also that all cyg_io* calls > (lookup, read, write, set/get config) work as you could expect on your > eCos serial device '/dev/serX'? They are in the resulting application. At least lookup and write are working, because that's what I used to test my serial drivers in the first place. I need to write some simple tests to see if set/get and read are working. Will do that later. Btw.: Testing printf is done with the PDCurses example and with my minimalistic example, that uses printf after testing cyg_io_lookup and _write. Find my minimalistic exmaple attached. Cheers, Manuel -- Manuel Borchers Web: http://www.matronix.de eMail: manuel@matronix.de