* [ECOS] no menu in configtool in ubuntu
@ 2011-07-05 22:13 Visar Zejnullahu
From: Visar Zejnullahu @ 2011-07-05 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve this?
http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-05/msg00015.html

* Re: [ECOS] no menu in configtool in ubuntu
@ 2011-07-05 23:20 ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2011-07-05 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: visar.zejnullahu; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 05/07/2011 23:13, Visar Zejnullahu wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve this?
> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2011-05/msg00015.html

Try

"export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0"

before running the configtool from your shell.

If that does not work, what interface are you using?  Unity, Natty, ?

-- Alex

Managing Director/CEO    eCosCentric Limited   http://www.ecoscentric.com/

* Re: [ECOS] no menu in configtool in ubuntu
@ 2011-07-06  6:50   ` Visar Zejnullahu
From: Visar Zejnullahu @ 2011-07-06  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: ecos-discuss

That fixed the problem, thanks a lot! :D I am using Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty)
with Ubuntu Classic as default session.

@ 2011-05-05 18:04 Eigil Krogh Sørensen
From: Eigil Krogh Sørensen @ 2011-05-05 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

I'm (quite) sure this has worked fine before, but for one or another reason the eCos configtool has no menu when I run it in ubuntu 11.04.

I did the mistake to run "ecos-install.tcl -f" which deleted the ...Tools/bin/ directory and replaced it with the one you get when running "ecos-install.tcl". After that the configtool I now had wouldn't start because it couldn't find libstdc++.so.5. "Downloading and Installation" page I found the link to the tools that use libstdc++.so.6. configtool from there runs, but the menu line is missing.

I have tried to install gtk++ 2, but that doesn't seem to help.

If I e.g. press ALT-F I get the fime menu OK, so it's there but hidden.

Are the any keys I can press or something else I can do ?

Best
EISOR
\Eigil