* [ECOS] Question About mount command for building development tools
@ 2001-05-11  8:04 Huang Qiang
From: Huang Qiang @ 2001-05-11  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos

Could any one be pleased give some more detail about mount command while
building development tools for ARM arm-elf.
(eg. how to set the TMP TMPDIR TEMP ) what will be like after mounting?
Thanks a lot.

from the web:

All users of Cygwin should verify that their /tmp directory (or the
directory specified by the TMPDIR, TMP or TEMP environment variables) is
mounted in binary mode. If this is not the case the patches will apply, but
the build will later fail. You may verify this using the Cygwin mount
command. If /tmp is not explicitly listed, the entry for / will be used. If
it says "textmode" for this entry, use the following command from a Cygwin
bash prompt:

    mount -f -b c:/cygwin/tmp /tmp

You may need to substitute another path for c:/cygwin if Cygwin was
installed to another directory.

Q: How could I check which is the directory specified by the TMPDIR, TMP or
TEMP environment variables? which should be textmode which shold be binary
mode?

* Re: [ECOS] Question About mount command for building development tools
@ 2001-05-11  9:39 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-11  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Huang Qiang; +Cc: eCos

Huang Qiang wrote:

> All users of Cygwin should verify that their /tmp directory (or the
> directory specified by the TMPDIR, TMP or TEMP environment variables) is
> mounted in binary mode. If this is not the case the patches will apply, but
> the build will later fail. You may verify this using the Cygwin mount
> command. If /tmp is not explicitly listed, the entry for / will be used. If
> it says "textmode" for this entry, use the following command from a Cygwin
> bash prompt:
>
>     mount -f -b c:/cygwin/tmp /tmp
>
> You may need to substitute another path for c:/cygwin if Cygwin was
> installed to another directory.
>
> Q: How could I check which is the directory specified by the TMPDIR, TMP or
> TEMP environment variables? which should be textmode which shold be binary
> mode?

echo $TMPDIR
echo $TMP
echo $TEMP

If any of these are set, make sure they are mounted in binary mode. If none
of them are set, make sure /tmp is mounted in binary mode.

Jifl

* [ECOS] OLD ARM EVALUATOR ON REDBOOT??
@ 2001-05-12  4:11 ` Carlos Camargo
From: Carlos Camargo @ 2001-05-12  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos

HI..

Redboot have flash support for the old version of ARM
evaluator??

Thanks

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] OLD ARM EVALUATOR ON REDBOOT??
@ 2001-05-23  2:10   ` Jesper Skov
       [not found]     ` <20010523165400.54782.qmail@web14007.mail.yahoo.com>
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-05-23  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Camargo; +Cc: eCos

Carlos> HI..  Redboot have flash support for the old version of ARM
Carlos> evaluator??

Do you mean the ARM AEB board? If so, the answer is no - don't want to
mess around with the flash and risk turning the board into a
brick. The flash is soldered on. So leave flash magic to the board
monitor.

Jesper

@ 2001-05-23 23:15       ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-05-23 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Camargo; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Carlos> Hi Mr Skov Thanks for you answer...

Carlos> I receive you mail too late, i erase my flashram and i don't
Carlos> know how re-program, i have angel image, and multi-ice, but
Carlos> when i download the flash image, the multi-ice found a error
Carlos> with vector_catch..

Carlos> You know how can i solve this problem

No.

Jesper