* [ECOS] adding a package to ecos (redboot)
@ 2008-12-03 19:12 Shah, Amit
       [not found] ` <op.ulln95k0724k7f@localhost>
From: Shah, Amit @ 2008-12-03 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi I am trying to add a Ethernet driver to my redboot build for IMX31.
Heres what I did;-
In ecos.db I added the package as

package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796 {
	alias 		{ "SMSC AX88796 ethernet driver"
ax88796_eth_driver }
	hardware
	directory	devs/eth/asix/ax88796
	script		smsc_ax88796_eth_drivers.cdl
      description     "Ethernet driver for ASIX AX88796 controller."
}

I created the cdl file "smsc_ax88796_eth_drivers.cdl"
Added the .c and .h for the driver in the appropriate place.
But when I do a "ecosconfig new mx31_3stack redboot" I get the following
error

ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
    Version subdirectory `current' does not have a CDL script
`smsc_ax88796_eth_drivers.cdl'.
ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
    This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.

Does anyone know if I am making a mistake somewhere? Is there some
manual which describes how to add a package to ecos? Any help to add a
new package to ecos will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Amit Shah

* RE: [ECOS] adding a package to ecos (redboot)
       [not found] ` <op.ulln95k0724k7f@localhost>
@ 2008-12-03 23:19   ` Shah, Amit
From: Shah, Amit @ 2008-12-03 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Laabs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the reply. I have created the cdl file and its present in the
devs/eth/asix/ax88796/current/cdl/ folder. Is there some file where I
need to add the version information? Where should I rename current into
V1.0?
Thanks
Amit Shah

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:28:37 +0100, Shah, Amit
<amitshah@xgtechnology.com> wrote:

[...]

> package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796 {
> 	alias 		{ "SMSC AX88796 ethernet driver"
> ax88796_eth_driver }
> 	hardware
> 	directory	devs/eth/asix/ax88796
[...]

> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
>     Version subdirectory `current' does not have a CDL script
> `smsc_ax88796_eth_drivers.cdl'.
> ecos.db, package CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ASIX_AX88796: warning
>     This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.

You should locade your cdl script into
devs/eth/asix/ax88796/current/cdl/
whereas "current" is the version and cdl the subdirectory for the cdl
script. If you have a version 1.0 later you can rename current into V1.0
or something like that. (I think there is a naming convention for
version
numbering)

Greetings,
 Martin