From: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: [ECOS] changing package configuration?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 11:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I've got an ARM-PID ecos configuration that is built and running (with
some customization since I'm not actually running on a PID board).

Now I want to enable the PID serial port driver modules.  AFAICT,
they're currently disabled since install/include/pkgconf/io_serial.h
contains

#undef  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID
#undef  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL0
#define CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL0_NAME "/dev/ser0"
#define CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL0_BAUD 38400
#define CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL0_BUFSIZE 128
#define CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL1
#define CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL1_NAME "/dev/ser1"
#define CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL1_BAUD 38400
#define CYGNUM_IO_SERIAL_ARM_PID_SERIAL1_BUFSIZE 128

If I want to enable the PID serial support, is changing the above
#undef's to #define's going to do it?

Im afraid to run the tclsh configure script, because it always seems
to overwrite some of the files I've customized to make things work on
my platform.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com