* [ECOS]  MBX860 network interface
@ 2000-01-06  8:07 Peter Weatherall
From: Peter Weatherall @ 2000-01-06  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Does anyone know what level of functionality is currently available with
ECOS for the network interface on the Motorola MBX860 and the MBX860 board
in general ?
Has anyone tried using the FreeBSD tcp/ip port by Tristan Gingold with this
board and is there an ethernet driver somewhere ...
Thanks
Peter Weatherall

* Re: [ECOS]  MBX860 network interface
@ 2000-01-07  5:20 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2000-01-07  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Weatherall; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Peter> Has anyone tried using the FreeBSD tcp/ip port by Tristan
Peter> Gingold with this board and is there an ethernet driver
Peter> somewhere ...

I did, and it works pretty well. However, the code is not clean enough
to be released as we didn't work on it lately. If you want to work
with us on this, please contact me and dupouy@inf.enst.fr in private.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@inf.enst.fr

* Re: [ECOS]  MBX860 network interface
@ 2000-01-07  7:04   ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2000-01-07  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Tardieu
  Cc: Peter Weatherall, 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Peter> Has anyone tried using the FreeBSD tcp/ip port by Tristan
Peter> Gingold with this board and is there an ethernet driver
Peter> somewhere ...

Samuel> I did, and it works pretty well. However, the code is not
Samuel> clean enough to be released as we didn't work on it lately. If
Samuel> you want to work with us on this, please contact me and
Samuel> dupouy@inf.enst.fr in private.

I'm sure that other people on this list would be interested in
following any work being done on the stack. Give that the list is so
low-volume at the moment, it shouldn't matter with a few technical
discussions here.

If we find that the volume increases beyond what people are willing
to accept from a generic list, we'll create a specific mailing list
for the discussion of TCP/IP stack implementation issues.

Cheers,
Jesper

* Re: [ECOS]  MBX860 network interface
@ 2000-01-07 11:26     ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2000-01-07 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Skov
  Cc: Peter Weatherall, 'ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Jesper> I'm sure that other people on this list would be interested in
Jesper> following any work being done on the stack. Give that the list
Jesper> is so low-volume at the moment, it shouldn't matter with a few
Jesper> technical discussions here.

Fine with me :)

  Sam
--