* [ECOS] PID board with FIFOs
@ 2000-05-26  3:25 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2000-05-26  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
	I've ported the code from the x86 16550 driver over to the PID
serial driver, the code seems fine, but the serial tests 3,4,5 fail fairly
quickly with it,

I'm just wondering has someone gotten the serial on the PC to pass these
tests, or do my FIFOs not work.. the PID claims to have 16552 which AFAIK
is two 16550a,

Dave.

--
      David Airlie, Software Engineer, Parthus Technologies plc.,
       Mary Rosse Centre, National Tech Park, Limerick, Ireland.

* Re: [ECOS] PID board with FIFOs
@ 2000-06-01 17:38 ` K.Aramaki
From: K.Aramaki @ 2000-06-01 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello David,

> 	I've ported the code from the x86 16550 driver over to the PID
> serial driver, the code seems fine, but the serial tests 3,4,5 fail fairly
> quickly with it,
>
> I'm just wondering has someone gotten the serial on the PC to pass these
> tests, or do my FIFOs not work.. the PID claims to have 16552 which AFAIK
> is two 16550a,

I've checked the source code of pid_serial_with_ints.c. It seems that
the driver doesn't use FIFOs, and you're trying to use FIFOs, right?
I think there's no significant difference between 16550a and 16552.
What parameters did you set for the chip?

Have you already fixed the problem?

Regards,

Kenichi Aramaki
Fujitsu LSI technology limited