* [ECOS] Serial Port
@ 2000-07-25  9:14 amassa
From: amassa @ 2000-07-25  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I tried every combination for setting up the format of the input data on the
tty serial port using cyg_io_set_config.  However, I am still unable to get
any input into my program using hyperterminal.  I read in the documentation
that GDB cannot be active when trying to receive input, so this makes it
impossible to debug this routine using GDB.  Do you have any other
suggestions or are you aware of any problems with what I am trying to do?

Thanks.

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Port
@ 2004-03-16 15:52       ` Gatien Gillon
From: Gatien Gillon @ 2004-03-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

kind of usefull to newbies like myself : Don't forget (like I did) to enable
the hardware drivers which are not enabled by default on the at91eb55
template.
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-03-16  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gatien Gillon; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2004-03-15 17:48   ` Gatien Gillon
From: Gatien Gillon @ 2004-03-15 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

could someone send me an exemple source code on how to set the serial port
and send a string

Thanks in adavance
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2004-03-15 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gatien Gillon; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2004-03-15 16:39 Gatien Gillon
From: Gatien Gillon @ 2004-03-15 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

How do you chenge the serial ports settings ...

I need to use the folowing settings : 2400 no parity 1 stop bit

* Re: [ECOS] Serial port
@ 2001-12-27  7:13 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-12-27  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paleologos Spanos; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 17:47, Paleologos Spanos wrote:

>  Hi,all
>  I am working with ecos and an Xscale board which has only one serial
> port.I want to take back to the host data from the platform(Xscale board)
> through the serial port
>  However how can I do this ,since the serial port will be occupied by the
> GDB every time I download a program to the platform.

You could download and run your program directly from RedBoot (using
something like minicom).  Your eCos application will happily run in this
environment and you can capture the output.  It will also allow you to
read (take input from) your host computer if that's desirable.

* [ECOS] Serial port
@ 2001-12-26 16:47 Paleologos Spanos
From: Paleologos Spanos @ 2001-12-26 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hi,all
 I am working with ecos and an Xscale board which has only one serial
port.I want to take back to the host data from the platform(Xscale board)
through the serial port
 However how can I do this ,since the serial port will be occupied by the
GDB every time I download a program to the platform.

 THank you

* [ECOS] Serial Port
@ 2001-12-24 13:45 Paleologos Spanos
From: Paleologos Spanos @ 2001-12-24 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

 Hi,I have an Xscale board and I would like to take data from the platform
back to the host through the serial port.However, the board has only one
serial and I assume that this will be used by the GDB.Does anyone know how
this problem can be solved?

 Thnak you