* [ECOS] Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?
@ 2000-08-31  8:55 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-08-31  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'd like to be able to build eCos under Windows using the
same source tree I build from under Linux.

I've been able to build and run eCos applications under Windows using an
eCos kernel built under Linux, so I'm pretty sure Cygwin and the Gnu cross
tools are all working -- next I'd like to try building eCos under Windows.

So far I've figured out that I need a Win32 version of "ecosconfig".  For
now I'd like to stick with command-line tool, since I've made changes to the
HAL memory-map files that would be over-written by the GUI tool.

Should this work?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Re: [ECOS] Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?
@ 2000-08-31  9:52 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-08-31  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:55:19AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

> So far I've figured out that I need a Win32 version of "ecosconfig".  For
> now I'd like to stick with command-line tool, since I've made changes to the
> HAL memory-map files that would be over-written by the GUI tool.

I downloaded eCos131.exe, but can't figure out how to extract
the file I want (ecosconfig).  I tried executing the file, but
it wants to "install" a bunch of stuff on my C: drive, which a)
doesn't have room, b) isn't where I want stuff put.

None of command-line parameters I've tried for eCos131.exe seem
to have any effect. Is the Windows distribution available as a
tar file w/o all of the install-wizard stuff?

--

@ 2000-08-31 10:12   ` Ling Su
From: Ling Su @ 2000-08-31 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards, ecos-discuss

> I downloaded eCos131.exe, but can't figure out how to extract
> the file I want (ecosconfig).  I tried executing the file, but
> it wants to "install" a bunch of stuff on my C: drive, which a)
> doesn't have room, b) isn't where I want stuff put.
>
> None of command-line parameters I've tried for eCos131.exe seem
> to have any effect. Is the Windows distribution available as a
> tar file w/o all of the install-wizard stuff?

Go to http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html , you can download the
newest ecosconfig 1.3.1.1 for windows version. According to my experiences,
you can work even for ver1.3.1 repository.

Regards,
-Ling

* Re: [ECOS] Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?
@ 2000-08-31 10:18   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-08-31 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 10:55:19AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
> > So far I've figured out that I need a Win32 version of "ecosconfig".  For
> > now I'd like to stick with command-line tool, since I've made changes to the
> > HAL memory-map files that would be over-written by the GUI tool.
>
> I downloaded eCos131.exe, but can't figure out how to extract
> the file I want (ecosconfig).  I tried executing the file, but
> it wants to "install" a bunch of stuff on my C: drive, which a)
> doesn't have room, b) isn't where I want stuff put.

Firstly, you can change the destination directory. But since installing the
source tree isn't what you want anyway, you could cheat - get the
ecosconfig.exe tool from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html under
the bit about updated host tools.

> None of command-line parameters I've tried for eCos131.exe seem
> to have any effect. Is the Windows distribution available as a
> tar file w/o all of the install-wizard stuff?

Nope.

You also wrote:
>I'd like to be able to build eCos under Windows using the
>same source tree I build from under Linux.

Make sure you use the "Linux" version of the tree, i.e. without CRLF
endings. Otherwise you may get problems on Linux with CRs at the end of
lines such as preprocessor continuation chars, e.g.

#if defined(foo) || \
    defined(bar)

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?
@ 2000-08-31 10:26     ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2000-08-31 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 06:18:30PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Firstly, you can change the destination directory. But since
> installing the source tree isn't what you want anyway, you
> could cheat - get the ecosconfig.exe tool from
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html under the bit about
> updated host tools.

Ah. I should have though of that. It didn't occur to me that
there would be executables in the CVS repository.

> >I'd like to be able to build eCos under Windows using the same
> >source tree I build from under Linux.
>
> Make sure you use the "Linux" version of the tree, i.e. without
> CRLF endings. Otherwise you may get problems on Linux with CRs
> at the end of lines such as preprocessor continuation chars,
> e.g.
>
> #if defined(foo) || \
>     defined(bar)

Thanks for the tip.  I just finished building eCos under
Windows by doing the "ecosconfig tree" under Linux and copying
the build-tree over to Windows and doing a "make".

Once I copied /bin/bash.exe to /bin/sh.exe everything was
peachy-keen.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com