* [ECOS] Impossible question ;)
@ 2000-10-02 21:15 Richard Kinder
From: Richard Kinder @ 2000-10-02 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I know you'll all hate this, but can anyone lead me to
any information/experience they have on memory sizes
(minimum, maximum) required for eCos. Lets make the
assumption we are utilising some kernel services (for
example, semaphores, scheduling and whatever is
required to support these services) for a SPARC
processor.

Thanks for your time, feel free to flame away!
	Richard

=====
In this case, magically means "transparently doing something very complicated". You know the old saying - any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from a Perl script.

http://photos.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Impossible question ;)
@ 2000-10-08  8:53 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2000-10-08  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r_kinder; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Richard> I know you'll all hate this, but can anyone lead me to
    Richard> any information/experience they have on memory sizes
    Richard> (minimum, maximum) required for eCos. Lets make the
    Richard> assumption we are utilising some kernel services (for
    Richard> example, semaphores, scheduling and whatever is required
    Richard> to support these services) for a SPARC processor.

If you look through the mailing list archives at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/
you might find some relevant postings. My normal response is to point
people at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/1999-10/msg00083.html
which gives some information for the PowerPC architecture. I am afraid
I do not know offhand how the SPARC figures would differ.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer