From: Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com>
To: Dave Airlie <airlied@parthus.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] PID ROM and eCos
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 07:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:15:20PM +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> So my question is how feasible is to build eCos for RAM, and
> build a small routine to link against it that boots up and
> copies all of eCos into RAM and starts it ?

Piece of cake.

> Could I use something like redboot or anything like that for
> this purpose or is a platform where this has been done ..

Sure, RedBoot would work great, but's it's overkill if all you
want is to copy a single fixed image to RAM and execute it.
That only takes 10-15 lines of assembly language.

You'll probably also want to re-map memory so that RAM is at
address 0 instead of ROM (if possible). You can run eCos from
RAM with ROM at 0, but it's a pain since you'll have to hack up
the vectors.S file in hal/arm/arch/.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com