* [ECOS] File System Support
@ 2001-03-07  6:21 Rajeev murthy
From: Rajeev murthy @ 2001-03-07  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hello,
       i would like to know if there is any file system support on ecos.
  if not then, if i have to write my own file system how would i integrate it with ecos?
 any inputs on this will be greatly  appreciated.

thanks
rajeev

* Re: [ECOS] File System Support
@ 2001-03-08  8:57 ` Bart Veer
From: Bart Veer @ 2001-03-08  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rajeev50; +Cc: ecos-discuss

    Rajeev>     i would like to know if there is any file system
    Rajeev> support on ecos. if not then, if i have to write my own
    Rajeev> file system how would i integrate it with ecos?
    Rajeev> any inputs on this will be greatly appreciated.

Some file system support has been added to eCos since the 1.3.1
release as part of the EL/IX work. It is currently only available via
anoncvs. There is documentation at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/
specifically the "Special Topics" section.

Bart

* Re: [ECOS] file system support
@ 2001-06-11  3:16 rob.wj.jansen
From: rob.wj.jansen @ 2001-06-11  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vipinm; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Vipin,

> the test file 'fileio1.c' included in the 'tests' directory  but I'm
> unable to find any makefile or even the relevant header files. For eg :
> pkgconf/io_fileio.h
> cyg/fileio/fileio.h
> Can anybody please tell me if I'm missing any important piece in the
> code. I'll really appreciate any kind of help.

Both files will appear in the install/include directory when you add the fileio package to your configuration.
The fileio.h file is part of the fileio package and can also be found in the
$ECOS_REPOSITORY/io/fileio/current/include directory.

Note that you have to add the fileio package manually:

	ecosconfig new <yourplatform>
	ecosconfig add fileio
	ecosconfig tree

You might also want to add a filesystem package (e.g. romfs or ramfs).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

	Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com

* [ECOS] file system support
@ 2001-06-11  2:02 Vipin Mehta
From: Vipin Mehta @ 2001-06-11  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

   I  downloaded the latest code from the CVS repository (well not exactly
from the CVS directly as I'm behind the firewall rather from the web interface
for the same) and supposedly it has  the filesystem support as evident by
a directory with same name
 Now I  want to run the test file 'fileio1.c' included in the 'tests' directory
but I'm unable to find any makefile or even the relevant header files. For
eg :
pkgconf/io_fileio.h
cyg/fileio/fileio.h
Can anybody please tell me if I'm missing any important piece in the code. I'll really appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards,

Vipin Mehta

MindTree Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

* Re: [ECOS] file system support
@ 2001-05-23 16:09 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-23 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Weilong Li; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Weilong Li wrote:

> Hi, could someone please tell me where is the
> documentation for file system support in ecos?

How about
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/doc/fileio.txt?content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=ecos

Or are you thinking of something else?

Jifl

* [ECOS] file system support
@ 2001-05-23 14:20 Weilong Li
From: Weilong Li @ 2001-05-23 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi, could someone please tell me where is the
documentation for file system support in ecos?

thanks a  lot,

Weilong

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* RE: [ECOS] File system support
@ 2000-08-07 16:53 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-08-07 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Is there any news of this "Soon To Be Released" feature ??

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* Re: [ECOS] File system support
@ 2000-07-20 11:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-07-20 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Arbaugh; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2000-07-20  8:47 Bill Arbaugh
From: Bill Arbaugh @ 2000-07-20  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I saw a note back in Jan. concerning open source file system support for
eCos.  Has anyone started such an effort yet?

Thanks, Bill

Bill Arbaugh					www.cs.umd.edu/~waa
University of Maryland				     waa@cs.umd.edu
College Park					       301.405.2774