* [ECOS] RedBoot iPaq ethernet support
@ 2001-06-11 13:30 David Bliss
From: David Bliss @ 2001-06-11 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Do I correctly read the documentation that the iPaq RedBoot binaries support
only CF ethernet cards, not PCMCIA?

If so, this makes my life more annoying... Oh well.

Thanks,
david

* RE: [ECOS] RedBoot iPaq ethernet support
@ 2001-06-11 13:42 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-06-11 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bliss; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 11-Jun-2001 David Bliss wrote:
> Do I correctly read the documentation that the iPaq RedBoot binaries support
> only CF ethernet cards, not PCMCIA?
>
> If so, this makes my life more annoying... Oh well.

Currently only the Socket CF-LPE (which can plug into a PCMCIA slot
with an adaptor) is supported.

One problem with supporting many cards is that all of this has to live
in the RedBoot flash space - which, although large, is limited to 258K bytes.

Did you have a particular card in mind?

* Re: [ECOS] RedBoot iPaq ethernet support
@ 2001-06-11 13:48   ` David Bliss
From: David Bliss @ 2001-06-11 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:42:20PM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> Currently only the Socket CF-LPE (which can plug into a PCMCIA slot
> with an adaptor) is supported.

That's Socket Communications? ~USD130?

> One problem with supporting many cards is that all of this has to live
> in the RedBoot flash space - which, although large, is limited to 258K bytes.

Yeah, I realise the space constraints are tight.

> Did you have a particular card in mind?

"Something I have."  3c589, Megahertz cc10bt, ne2k, Prism2 802.11b (ha ha)...
I'd guess only the ne2k is even vaguely possible out of those?

thanks,
david