* [ECOS] "hello" in integrator/arm7tdmi/windows2000
@ 2001-07-19 19:36 황영우
From: 황영우 @ 2001-07-19 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hello...

My platforms is arm integrator/ARM7TDMI with Multi-ICE.
My host is windows2000,cygwin,ecos1.3.1 and ecos configtool 2.02.
I was able to building arm-development tools for windows through http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html
(gcc 2.95.2/insight 5.0/binutils-2.11.2)

BTW, I found that ecos porting into the integrator board is in progess.
so I used arm porting source made by Philippe Robin at ARM with CVS sources(2000-10-15).

From ecos config tool, I selected  arm integrator/cygmon and
I could get "cygmon.bin","cygmon.elf","cygmon.img" and "cygmon.srec".(start up type is rom.)
I did download cygmon.bin to flash memory in integrator via Multi-ICE.
and did reboot.(of course booting from flosh memory: S1-1,2,3,4 is all off)

My hyperterminal shows
"ARM eCos" ,
but it is all.. It han no response and no prompt.

I executed cygwin and compiled hello.c.

then, I did like this:

arm-elf-gdb -nw a.out
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote com1
Remote debugging using com1.
Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb)

My problem is this...
How can I get "Hello! eCos" on my screen.
Did I omit anything? or My process is alright?

Thanks..
DreamWiz Free Mail @ http://www.dreamwiz.com/
DreamSearch Click the world!!! http://search.dreamwiz.com/

* RE: [ECOS] "hello" in integrator/arm7tdmi/windows2000
@ 2001-07-20  4:08 Dorau Kai
From: Dorau Kai @ 2001-07-20  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '???'; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Kai Dorau - mailto:dorauk@thmulti.com
TEL: (+49 511) 418 2557, FAX: 2483
Hannover Home Networks (HHN) Laboratory
Corporate Research Hanover
Research & Innovation
Thomson Multimedia

Hi

> My platforms is arm integrator/ARM7TDMI with Multi-ICE.
> My host is windows2000,cygwin,ecos1.3.1 and ecos configtool 2.02.
> I was able to building arm-development tools for windows
> through http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html
> (gcc 2.95.2/insight 5.0/binutils-2.11.2)
I have the same environment...

> BTW, I found that ecos porting into the integrator board is
> in progess.
> so I used arm porting source made by Philippe Robin at ARM
> with CVS sources(2000-10-15).
Ok...

> From ecos config tool, I selected  arm integrator/cygmon and
> I could get "cygmon.bin","cygmon.elf","cygmon.img" and
> "cygmon.srec".(start up type is rom.)
> I did download cygmon.bin to flash memory in integrator via Multi-ICE.
> and did reboot.(of course booting from flosh memory:
> S1-1,2,3,4 is all off)
I downloaded the cygmon.srec to the flash via bootROM (it's the boot
manager from ARM).

> My hyperterminal shows
> "ARM eCos" ,
> but it is all.. It han no response and no prompt.
It's ok (e.g. COM1)

> I executed cygwin and compiled hello.c.
Ok,

> then, I did like this:
>
> arm-elf-gdb -nw a.out
> (gdb) set remotebaud 38400
> (gdb) target remote com1
maybe COM2 ???

> Remote debugging using com1.
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Ignoring packet error, confinuing...
> Couldn't establish connection to remote target
> Malformed response to offset query, timeout
> (gdb)
>
> My problem is this...
> How can I get "Hello! eCos" on my screen.
> Did I omit anything? or My process is alright?
Oki, the first one you can check the cygmon output at COM2.
My configuration is: GDB serial port=1 (COM2), Debug serial port=1 (COM2)
and Diagnostic serial port=0 (COM1).
The string 'ARM eCos' is written to COM1 (diagnostic) and commands can
be typed at COM2 (GDB/Debug serial port).

Now arm-elf-gdb can be connected to the COM2 port and you have to see
following:

arm-elf-gdb -nw a.out
(gdb) set remotebaud 38400
(gdb) target remote com2