* [ECOS] ARM cpu modes
@ 2000-04-05  3:09 Colin_Helliwell
From: Colin_Helliwell @ 2000-04-05  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Jesper said in a message yesterday that "[ARM] Application threads run in
supervisor mode in eCos". I've heard/seen it said somewhere that the ARM's
privileged Supervisor mode was intended for OS-type operations, whilst the
non-privileged User mode was intended for application-level code. I was curious
about the rationale behind the choice made in eCos, and whether it is felt that
there are actually any pros and/or cons of running application threads in
supervisor mode.

Thanks.
Colin Helliwell