* [ECOS] Redboot DHCP and gateway support.
@ 2002-06-28  3:42 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2002-06-28  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

A while back (over a year ago) I added minimal support to
Redboot for DHCP and IP routing via a single default gateway.

I was going to submit patches once a copyright assignment was
done, but now I don't know if either ever got done.  I think
the copyright assignment did get signed, but I don't have any
records indicating I sent in the patches. :/

Q1: Did DHCP and routing support ever get added to RedBoot?

Q2: If not, would my patches be of interest?  They'd be against
    a version of RedBoot about 18 months old.

Q3: What's that status of RedBoot now that RH cut eCos loose?

Q4: What about copyright assignments?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* [ECOS] Interface initialisation for eth0
@ 2002-06-28 12:05 ` umesh jaiswal
From: umesh jaiswal @ 2002-06-28 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all ..
                 I am working on i386 pc .
I have configure the rtl8139 device driver(of ecos)
.It is working (probably)
but The problem may be  with interface initialisation
.
I am initialising the interface with
CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS
via init_all_network_interfaces()  for 'eth0'
statically.
During startup it is showing all the values  of
addresses  setups for 'eth0'
but when i run the ping test it fails giving the
massage like  host down & recvfrom time out.
             whereas destination host is up & can be
ping from any other pc.When I debug the interface code
I found that the arp request packet has source &
destination IP  address same ,i.e. of target itself .I
am unable to find it out why it is happening .please
help me where is the actual problem ?is it in inteface
initialisation or device driver code ?

Regards!!

umesh ,ensys