* [ECOS] why STACK_FRAME_PPC_SIZE was defined 56?
@ 2002-07-05 22:07 zhlg_shuhan
From: zhlg_shuhan @ 2002-07-05 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi,all!
   i have browsed eABI summary,but failed to find its stack frame size should be 56 in ppc processor.eABI summary only hints rough its content.
could you help me?

regards!

                                                     zhlg

* RE: [ECOS] why STACK_FRAME_PPC_SIZE was defined 56?
@ 2002-07-08 13:32 Luoqi Chen
From: Luoqi Chen @ 2002-07-08 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhlg_shuhan; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I don't why it's set to 56, but I believe it is wrong. To call
a C function from assembly code, the caller only needs to allocate
a minimum of 8 bytes (16 for sys V abi due to alignment) of stack
frame, allocating 48 bytes more would not cause any problem though.
It is also quite wierd that there are always two call frames setup
back-to-back, should not be necessary.

-lq