* [ECOS] eb40a RIP
@ 2002-07-24  7:11 Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-07-24  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In the process of testing the flash driver with the eb40a port
I just created, I managed to blow away Angel in the lower half
of flash.  I have a working copy of redboot_ROMRAM in the
upper half, but the flash driver programmed into it doesn't
see the first few sectors of the lower half of flash.  This is
due to the issue of two different sector sizes in the AT49xxxx
flash chip and I simply ignored the smaller sectors.

Does anyone with an eb40a have a binary of the Angel bootloader
that I can borrow?  I never compiled the one that came with
the eb40a and the trial period for Codewarrior has expired so
I can't compile it now.

If I can get that, I can write a low level driver to erase the whole
lower half of the flash and burn Angel back in since my current
redboot port cannot do that.  I can use the existing redboot_
ROMRAM to load my little driver and fix my eb40a.

-tim

* Re: [ECOS] eb40a RIP
@ 2002-08-27  5:54 Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-08-27  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm1121; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Lin Ming wrote:
> When I run gdb with the EB40 application, gdb shows error message:
>
> "Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap"
>
> What's the problem?

It's hard to tell without more information.  What are you
running? redboot? your own app?  How did you build it?
What version of gcc, binutils, etc. are you using?  What
command did you issue in gdb to cause this error?

-tim

* Re: [ECOS] eb40a RIP
@ 2002-08-27 18:16 Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-08-27 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm1121, ecos-discuss

Please copy the ecos list with these questions - you
are bound to get better answers when you ask more than
just me.

Lin Ming wrote:
> Hi, Tim,
>
> I'm running an application with set leds and do serial port communication.
> I build the default library with your EB40A port(successfully). Then make my app
> with the library. The arm-elf-gcc version is 3.0.1. I use insight GDB with GUI and
> load the program and run. Then the error info shows.

I don't use gcc 3.0.1 - I'm not sure if that version is supported.
I would suggest using the supported version of gcc and getting
redboot running with it before trying a newer version of gcc.

> Must I use the redboot built from your port, too? I use the redboot from other places,
> anyway it can work with the app not built from ecos. Any clues for this problem?

Redboot has to be built with the eb40a as the target.

-tim

* Re: [ECOS] eb40a RIP
@ 2002-09-02 19:57 Tim Drury
From: Tim Drury @ 2002-09-02 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Lin Ming wrote:
> Hi, Tim,
>
> I still cannot get your EB40A port work. :-(
> Can you suggest a website to download the tools (including arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-gdb with
> excutable file) and your ecos port if possible?

I don't know of any resources to download pre-compiled
binaries.  The versions of the tools that I used are:

binutils-2.12.1
newlib-1.10.0
insight-5.2
gcc-2.95.2 + patch

All these should be available from either gnu.org or
redhat.  I then followed the directions on the ecos
site for building the cross-compiler:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html

You have to be careful to follow them exactly since
there are subtle ways in which to screw up and not
realize it.

-tim